...So over Spring Break, I took a photography class with my BF, Steph. We took photojournalism together in high school (back when there was film... and dark rooms...which I may have kissed a boy in once...or twice...) and it seemed appropriate to continue improving our "skills" with our digital cameras. We have been trying to take a class together for a while- Steph bought us a class on Groupon once, but it ended up being in Seattle- and as it turns out, we couldn't justify a trip to Washington for a photography class...although in hindsight, maybe we should've...
I feel like I have had a good grasp of ISO, aperture, and shutter speed, but I've always struggled with putting all three together. I usually shoot in aperture mode only, even then I needed some pointers, so I just end up turning my camera to auto so I can get a decent picture. I feel so much better about using full on manual mode now and with lots more practice, I think I'll be taking some decent pictures! There were a few other little "tricks" I picked up that day that I think completely changed my relationship with my DSLR.
I'm so lucky to have the best subject to practice on. Here are some of my the pics I've gotten of this cutie since my class...





2 comments:
You take wonderful pictures!
Good job; I can't get over how much of your mom I see in her!
Post a Comment