...
Dear Grey Girl,
It is so hard to believe that we are writing you an eleven month letter. "They" say time goes by so fast and to treasure every moment. "They" are right. It does go by fast. TOO fast. What a wonderful blessing it is each day to wake up with you in our lives. Everyday, you are one day older, doing something new and amazing. We just watch in awe of who you are becoming. It is bittersweet to know you are no longer our little tiny cuddlebug, but it's also so exciting to see you grow. One thing we learned while waiting for God to bless us with a child (you) is that you can't plan everything out and still let the Lord be in control. Trusting God means letting go of your plans and living each day with a thankful heart and trusting that He will lead you in the direction He wants you to go. I still have to relearn that lesson some days, but I think I can say that I try to live in the moment with you and just enjoy where you are. I do my best not to long for the days of you napping in my arms or wishing for the days when you start to talk. Where we are right now is so perfect- We don't need a plan for our future, we just need to enjoy the wonderful blessings He bestows on us today. What freedom there is in that! I pray fervently that you will one day know His great love for you and the freedom that comes from giving your heart to your maker.
We are working on rearranging your schedule and adjusting to you staying up later and weaning. You're still waking up between 6:30 and 7, but are going to bed between 6:30-7:30 now. Usually at 7. Mommy has dropped all pumping and is just nursing in the morning and at your mid-afternoon feed. We changed that from nursing right before bed because I decided that would be the hardest to break. Plus, we were giving you dinner at 3/4, and I prefer you to have dinner at 6...So...your day kind of looks like this in regards to eating: 6:30/7 nurse and solids, 9:30/10 sippy cup of breast milk, 12:30/1 sippy cup of breast milk and solids, 3/4 nurse, 5:30/6 sippy cup of breast milk and solids. Your naps are pretty irregular depending on whether you are with us, Tutu, Gigi, or it's Sunday (church)- so times and amounts vary. You usually get two good naps if you're at home, and one good one with Tutu. On days you only get one nap, it's because we're out and about and you end up snoozing for short periods in the car. I'm thankful we're not on a strict napping schedule (like I had hoped for at first) because you are pretty flexible now in your "old age" and do okay if you miss a nap or one gets cut short.
Overall, you are a very happy baby. You let us know when you're tired by fussing, rubbing your eyes, and sucking your finger. And you usually only cry when we make you lay down to put on pjs, suck snot out of your nose, or change your diaper. These moments apparently infringe on your playtime and you don't like it one bit! You understand the word 'no' and listen pretty well when we set limits. Sometimes you will cry or get angry if we tell you this or take something away- but your fine about two seconds later! You LOVE people watching and are completely fascinated by everyone and everything around you. Big kids are your favorite!
Your smile- OH, that smile- melts our hearts! It brightens our days in ways you will never fully understand, Grey. Being your mommy and daddy is our greatest joy. God made you for us, and us for you. I don't think we could have every comprehended just how much happiness parenting would bring. We thank God for the gift that is you each and every day. Happy eleven months!
XOXO-
Daddy and Mommy
I laid you down and this is what you did.







1 comments:
I love all the photos with all different angles and zooms. She will be happy that you took a lot when she gets older:) Such a sweet girl!!
Post a Comment