...
I'm a little emotional this week, with you about to turn one and all. AND the fact that you took a few steps all on your own yesterday when I picked you up from the sitter's. You walked right to me. Then, this morning, I got you dressed and put you in your highchair and you suddenly looked a lot more like a toddler than a baby. They all told me it would all go by so fast, and it sure has. I wish I could just bottle up these precious moments with you. I have loved every day and every stage with you, and I look forward to what's next.
I was reading through my prayer journal the other night and found this letter I wrote right after we found out we were pregnant with you. It made me tear up. Everything makes me tear up this week though.
"To My Baby,
It's been five days since we learned of your existance. Your daddy and I are overjoyed and so thankful for this pregnancy. You see, we have been praying for you for many years and this past year we have prayed even more to become a mommy and daddy. You are a special miracle from God and we will never take a day of this pregnancy and your life for granted. You are so tiny right now, just about the size of a little freckle, and yet you're already developing a heart and spinal coard. We are praying for your healthy and perfectly formed organs and body everyday. I'm going to take very good care of myself so that you have all you need to grow. Your grandparents are all so excited to met you one day. You are so loved. I am amazed at how much I love you already. I cannot stop thanking God for you. We have a long journey ahead and live in protective joy. We are fighting for you and we love you so much.
With love beyond words,
Your Mommy"
I remember how excited and completely terrified I was. It felt too good to be true and I worried that something bad would happen until the moment that I gave birth and met you.
I loved you before I knew you, when you were just a dream in my heart. I loved you even more when I found out about your existence, God had brought my dream to life. And now, I love you even more now than ever before, because you're here in my arms and even better than anything I could imagine!!






4 comments:
Gosh, she is precious!! Happiest first bday, I can relate to how you feel. It is definitely bittersweet but just keeps getting better & better!! Xx
wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com
Oh my goodness, your letter is so sweet and beautiful. And your little girl is clearly heaven sent. Love this post!
Chills! This gave me chills! I know exactly how you feel about her. When the world says it's impossible and God works a miracle like these babies out, it makes every day sweeter! Love you friend!
Grey is just beautiful and has a smile that can light up a room! You are such a good mommy and I am so happy that you have been able to experience motherhood:) I read your posts and it makes me sad to see how fast they grow.....but wouldn't change it for the world!
Post a Comment