...
Dear Grey,
I get chills every time I think back to the day of your birth. There was so much excitement and I was so nervous and scared about what the experience would be like. When you finally made your appearance, your daddy and I couldn't have been filled with more joy. I think it was hands down, THE best moment of our lives. We still can't believe we have a happy, healthy baby GIRL! Being a mommy to you has far surpassed anything I imagined or dreamed. The late night feeds, the snuggles, the giggles and smiles, poopy diapers, little tantrums, attitude, drama, first bites of food, first steps, baby babble, crawling, walking, thumb-sucking...there isn't a moment that I haven't enjoyed or cherished. I refuse to ever take a day with you for granted- I know you are a special gift and I know you are a blessing that many families dream and hope for. I know there are days ahead where parenting will become more challenging, but for now, we're taking it one sweet day at a time, enjoying all the blessings that come with a new day and God's never ending grace. I am sad this first year is over, because it has been the best year of my life. But I am looking forward to knowing you more and all the treasures that are in store!
Right now you are on the verge of walking. You don't trust yourself yet, but you are really very sturdy and sure of where you want to go on your two little feet...as long as you are holding on to something with one hand. You have taken two steps all on your own, but it was a one time thing. You are learning new things daily and imitating more and more. You hold up you arms, high and wide, when we ask "How big is Grey?- SO big!", you blow kisses and wave goodbye on demand, you mimic the sounds/syllables of "Hi Nala", you point to you belly when we ask where it is (if you feel like it), you sign 'all done' when your finished eating, you go to the drain to let the water out when you're done with your bath. You're THE smartest baby that ever lived. : ) Ha, that's what all parents think. And rightfully so, because when you actually get to witness the earliest of learning, it's truly the most amazing thing- and such a unique experience for each baby and family. I'm SO very glad we get to do it with YOU!
Your current schedule looks like this: Wake at 7am, eat 5 times a day (5-6 ounces of expressed milk and solids of different kinds), 1-2 naps (one at Tutu's, two at home...usually a short morning nap and long afternoon nap with us, and Tutu reports only a short nap at her house- one hour), bed between 7:15-7:45. I am looking forward to having you home all summer and having a more consistent routine, although I can't complain, you are a pretty easy gal and go with the flow. I am thankful I don't have to worry about you being cranky if we miss a nap or wake you up early from one to get somewhere.
You eat almost anything that's soft enough to chew with your gums, but you are picky in the fact that you don't like new textures. You would live off fruits if given the option. You love purees and can down some Ella's and Plum Organic packets. Cheese is another favorite of yours.
I said it once and I'll say it again, this last year has been the best of our life. Becoming a family of three has been the most amazing experience for your daddy and I. We are so thankful the Lord has entrusted us with you. Mommy's favorite time of day is when we pray together as a family before laying you down for bed. Our biggest and most important prayer and hope for you is that you know the Lord. We pray that you will experience his love at an early age and understand the sacrifice he gave for us. You are treasured Grey. You are a gift. You are more beautiful and special than you will ever fully comprehend. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. We love you unconditionally and whole-hardheartedly.
XOXO-
Mommy and Daddy








3 comments:
Time flies too quickly!!!!! She is beautiful beyond words!
Hehe the pictures of you trying to get a 12 month picture crack me up. Elyanah refuses to look at me most of the time if she knows a camera is out. She is just such a precious beautiful little girl.
Yoh have me completely in tears. This was beautiful. I remember so fondly documenting Garrett's development but have slacked on my other children. I guess it's never too late. Thanks for the inspiration! Grey is absolutely adorable. You are such an Amazing mom and Grey is so blessed to have a Daddy that prays over her. Aunt Charla told us about the time she came to babysit and before leaving the house, Jared knelt down and put his hand on Grey and said a prayer. Tears filled my eyes. I remember my cousin Jared...J-bug as I called him......all of his energy and crazy antics (he was such a clown) to now see the incredible man, father, and Daddy makes me feel proud to know him. I hope that if we ever get moved to Dallas, we all can spend some time together. Lots o' love. Hugs for Grey!
Post a Comment