Pages

4.13.2014

The Party...

...We originally weren't going to do a party for Grey's first, and were just going to do cake with family. We ended up deciding to throw a birthday party though. I mean, one year is kind of a big deal! I wanted to keep it simple, but as I tend to do when throwing a party, I got a little lot into and kept finding things that I wanted to make or include for Grey's big day! I am so pleased with how it all turned out, but I am most thankful for all of our wonderful friends and family that were here to celebrate our little girl. We are so blessed to be surrounded by encouraging, supportive, loving, Christian people. It was a little overwhelming to see so many of our friends and family take time from their busy weekends to come and play and celebrate Grey the Great. I get teary thinking of all the love and support Grey will have from those around her as she grows.

Here are some party pics!

Decor and details...
Hanging out pre-party.
The cake.
 
Lots of sparkles for our big girl!
Instead of gifts, we collected prizes for the Chemo Closet at Children's.
This was one of my favorite parts- a time capsule. The sweet little notes everyone wrote made me teary. I can't wait for Grey to read them when she turns 18!
  Our little family.
 She loves her finger.
About to get wild!
 I wasn't sure what she'd think of everyone staring at her. We sang and she sucked her thumb, then dug into the icing before we were done singing. Everyone cheered and clapped for her and then she turned into quite the ham. She waved her arms and clapped for herself. Girl likes attention!
She also likes icing.
 But she doesn't like cake. This is her gagging on it.
 Still clapping for herself.
 This daddy really loves his girl.
 After filling up on icing, she was one the move, sugar drunk and wobbling all over the place!
 Possibly my favorite picture of the day!
 And one with Gigi.

What a wonderful way to celebrate the sweetest girl I know!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You did such a great job! Everything looks great and perfect. I love the colors that you did for her party. Happy Birthday Grey! I can't believe that she is already one!

Ashley said...

I think we have a lot of the same taste in things:) Grey's party def. had all the little touches and I loved it!!! I'm glad you had a party because they only turn one once! Looked like a lot of fun!