Pages

7.06.2013

Three Months...

Dear Greyzers,

I think I will begin every monthly letter to you with the phrase, How are you already ____ months!? In this case 3!? Some days feel like we just got home from the hospital and other times feel like you've been with us forever. I still get butterflies in my tummy thinking of you and how much I love you.

I love, love, LOVE the newborn stage, but I also have really enjoyed this last month of your transitioning out of NB and moving onto being...a baby? Ha! You are very predictable now and that makes our days a little easier since I can plan when to get errands done, or how your mood might be at any given time of day. Right now your schedule looks a little like this:

  • 6:30 am~ I start to hear you moving around, sometimes sucking your thumb, sometimes talking and cooing, usually a morning poop, eyes trying to open...
  • 7:00-8:00am~ Time to get up! Mommy goes to get your first dose of reflux meds (Prevacid 2.5mL). I give it to you little by little while I change your diaper and we have our morning chat and sing along. You smile so much in the morning. If you're really sleepy, you will take a minute to realize it's your mommy or daddy, but once you do, it's the biggest, sweetest smile I've ever seen! You also have the cutest morning stretches! You eat (usually on the patio in our rocker) and then you play on your play mat for a while. Once you start to fuss, it's back to bed.
  • 8:00-11:00am~ Morning nap time. This is your best, most solid nap. 
  • 11:00-12:00pm~ Eat & play. (or run errands)
  • 12:00-2:00pm~Nap 
  • 2:00-3:00pm~ Eat & play. (or run errands)
  • 3:00-5:00pm~Nap
  • 5:00-7:30pm~This is your more inconsistent time...you eat & play, and do little catnaps. 
  • 7:30-8:30pm~Eat & bath time(on bath nights)/bedtime routine. 
  • 8:30-10:00pm~Sleep
  • 10:00pm~ Once last diaper change & feed and you're gone for the night!!!
*This schedule can vary up to a half hour or so...
*You are napping mostly in your crib, and occasionally the pack'n'play. You also nap in anyones arms or your carseat...pretty much anyway.
*Your wake-time ranges from 45min-1hr. Occasionally longer, but you are pretty sleepy and as soon as you fuss we know you're ready to sleep. If we miss your sleep window/cues, you don't nap nearly as well. 

Daddy and I have so much fun with you, making up songs and trying to get you to smile. Our favorite song to sing you is a daddy original. It goes like this, "Grey the great, Grey the great, yooooou're the greatest!" You may end up being the obnoxious kid one day when you go around singing it about yourself! : )

Being a mom and dad is the best thing in the world. We are lucky to have such a sweet little girl in our lives. You are a pretty happy and content baby for the most part and we are blessed by you every day. We pray that God will continue to give you good health & development. We pray that we will be the parents you need. That we will be able to teach you wrong from right and model for you what it means to follow Christ. We pray every day that you will grow to know your Lord and Savior. That you will also follow Him.

We love you with all our hearts little Grey girl!

XOXO-
Mommy and Daddy

 You are really starting to roll to you left side a lot! And play with your ear. This is a Granberry trait (your Papa and daddy both have this tic!)
 Raising your hand. Like a good student. I am teaching you early the ways of the classroom. I'm so proud you already know the answer! : )
 Best smile I could get. When the camera or phone is in your face, you immediately stop!
 You were more interested in your leg warmers and toes. The camera is so not entertaining!
 Oh, hey there..."Mom, you are crazy."
 Are we done yet!?
From 1-3 months...Look at you grow!

0-3 Grey


Until next month...
 Photobucket

5 comments:

The Heart Of A Woman said...

Time really does fly!!!!!

Unknown said...

Ha! I can still remember when Abigail was sleeping in her bassinet in our room. My morning wake up call was her "morning poop" or rather explosion! Every morning..like clockwork! Those were the good 'ole days! ;)

Ashley said...

I love how you document everything! That will be so neat to go back and look at. I may need to go back and read some things for when our time comes to get some pointers:) Thanks for the sweet words!! I have been missing on my blog b/c we have been busy and was hoping others would see our exciting news!

Elizabeth said...

She is getting so big! I love her little leg warmers - precious!

Lindsey said...

I am so jealous she's sleeping through the night! Maggie will maybe sleep 7 hours on a good night, but lately she waking up every 3 to 4 hours because of gas. Has Grey had any gas issues? I'm also having a difficult time getting Mags on a schedule. How were you able to get Grey on a solid schedule?

Looks like our girls have a lot of the same favorites!! :)