Pages

7.12.2013

I am THAT Mom...Week 14...

...We are now through your 14th week of life! You get more and more fun every day! I have heard many mothers say every stage just gets better, and it is true! I am realizing that every cliche is a cliche for a reason. : ) Here are your weekly highlights and pictures...

  • You are officially sleeping in your nursery. I had set a deadline for myself (your 3 month birthday) because if I didn't, I'm pretty sure you would've stayed in our room for the rest of your life. I just love having you close! You haven't even noticed a difference. You are still sleeping like a champ and on schedule. Sweet Grey, I sure do love you and am blessed by your sleep habits!
  • According to The Wonder Weeks, you have been in a growth spurt the past 10 days. I didn't really notice until the past Wednesday. You started eating every 2-2 1/2 hours. Geesh! Wear your momma out! I couldn't figure out if you were fussy or tired, so I would offer to feed you and you went to town. Hungry Hippo! Thankfully your growth spurts like that only last a day or two. You were back on schedule by Friday.
  • Since you are getting bigger, I think it's time to up your reflux meds. I noticed last week that you were starting to spit up just a little (like a few milliters), but you NEVER spit up, so I though that was odd. Then you started popping on and off while eating, arching your back, and I could hear you trying to swallow back down your meal. You were also having really wet hiccups and burps. Finally, when you started crying a few minutes into your meal, I decided this is definitely reflux bothering you again. I consulted Miss Stephanie for some medical advice and then called your pediatrician the next morning. For now, you are on the highest dose for your age...so it looks like we're going to have to tough it out for now. : (
  • You're getting stronger every day! I really noticed even more head control this week, so we tried out your Bumbo. You love it! And you look so cute sitting up like a big girl! Your favorite thing to do in it is to stare at your toes and suck on your hands.
  • You still love that thumb, and I must say a thumb sucking baby might be the cutest thing in the world! You are finding it more easily now and can suck on it in your car seat too! You really don't even care for your paci much anymore. I have a feeling that breaking this habit will be a pain one day...but for now, I will enjoy that you can self-soothe anywhere & just the utter cuteness of it!
  • You are losing hair again! It's shedding from the sides and also in the back where you lay on it. You seem to be growing it as fast as you lose it though...so that's good! You also haven't lost any of the really long pieces on the top and back of your head. I hope it stays!
  • I woke up to your first poop explosion in your crib this week. All.Up.Your.Back. All.Over.Your.Sheets. Changing all the crib sheets is more of a pain than the pack-n-play. No more explosions in there, okay?
 Cheeks. Need I say more?
 I love your dream feeds and can't stop taking these late night pictures.
 You're finally not hating tummy time. I wouldn't say you love it or anything, but we are making progress!
 We went to lunch with some of my old work friends and you fussed the entire time & wouldn't go to sleep. We got in the car and you were out. Silly girl.
 Sitting up! My strong, big girl!
 First time in the Bumbo...loving it!
 You've become fascinated with the images on tv.
 Daddy missed bath time while he was out of town this week, so we sent him pictures!
 Playing at GiGis. (She bought you this outfit and made your headband!)
Photobucket

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

She is just getting so big! I feel like the poop explosion in the bed is a right of passage - welcome to the club!

Kelsea said...

I have the Wonder Weeks app on my phone and love it! It really helps me become aware of where he might be, why he might be frustrated or fussy, and if he's going through a challenging phase. It's great!

Your sweet girl is beautiful! I'm a tad bit jealous of your great sleeper! I really don't mind having our little guy in bed most nights, but sometimes I wish he would be in his crib some. Ah well, maybe the next one!

Lindsey said...

She is just so adorable! Wish we were close enough for a play date. Ha! :)