Yesterday marked exactly three weeks left of my maternity leave. I am trying to not think about it too much and just enjoy every single second I have with my sweet baby girl. I DO NOT want to go back. I have prayed and prayed and we have had discussion after discussion about me staying home. For now, it looks like I will be heading back. Financially, we would be okay, but we want to take at least a year of truly living off of one salary and see how it works. This is something we probably should've done last year. Hindsight. We also would like to have another baby in the future. With the cost of fertility treatments, we would really like to keep my salary to help with the "investment"! : ) I pray that 1. We will be able to have another baby, and 2. I will be able to stay home with our children one day! I learned a while ago to stop planning things out and let go of control (still relearning this daily), so we will continue to pray for God's will to be done!
Anyway, I'm a little off track here, because what I really want to talk about is fall fashion. If there is one reason I can conjure up that makes me even half way excited about returning to work- it's getting dressed in something other than athletic shorts and a nursing tank! (I guess you could say my shopping habits are another reason I need to work for now.) Since I have officially been living on a budget for a few months now, I really think about what I want to buy rather than just purchasing. And of course, I live by my standard rule to never buy something that's not on sale (unless it's at Target).
Here are a few things I've been eying...
I have a big shopping trip planned before I head back to work. I'll be hitting up all my favorites and looking for the best deals. One great thing about Texas is that all the summer clothing that is about to go on sale can still be worn until December! : )













6 comments:
I know going back to work isn't ideal but I know and pray daily for you and Grey and your decision. I know she will love her sitter and you will appreciate the adult interaction.
I can't wait for fall for fashion, running weather, soups, etc.... Maybe we need to make a soup night once a week as a family?! :)
Your comment today was so encouraging! I am so glad to feel I'm not alone and not totally crazy!! Thank you SOO Much for the prayers and encouragement. Holding my breath but trying to remind myself "God's got this." ;)
Enjoy your last few weeks home full time! Grey and you are going to be just fine.
I went shopping the other day and a lot of stores are starting to put fall merchandise out. I love fall but its really hard to shop for it when it is 100 degrees outside =). Looking forward to the summer sales though.
Love you sweet friend and praying for your transition back to work. Baby #2 is the perfect reason to keep working!
I LOVE your baby gap finds! Please let me know what good sales you find! As you know we too are on a "sale only" budget!
I would have such a hard time going back to work!!!! My husband and I have talked about future plans relating to work. I don't think I could go back full time....It would have to be part time. And we too think about how much we have to save for another baby and that is why I would have to work part time...downside of infertility:(
Ps- I love the loft too!
Love your fashion sense. I totally bought that black and white sweater dress with the pink elbow patches last week. Love it!
Post a Comment