...Week 16 brought about lots of big changes for you, Grey! You are
just growing and learning every day. I cannot believe how fast every day
and week goes by. Time flies when you're having fun, right!? Here are
your weekly highlights and pics...
- So, last week you rolled over & mommy was able to witness the first time. However, you didn't do it again until this week. Mommy and Aunt Allie went to Old Navy and while we were gone, you decided to get all crazy wild and rolled repeatedly for your GiGi! Tummy to back and back to tummy! When we got back you continued to roll for mommy too! You and I went home and you showed daddy your new trick as well. We both teared up watching you roll all over the place! There is just nothing cooler than watching you do new things! Now, you have had several days of practice. Sometimes you roll to your tummy and you're okay with it, but many times you roll to your tummy and then get really mad (because you still really don't like tummy time). You will grunt and fuss and try to get back on your back- and then sometimes you just fuss some more! I think you prefer to just sit up, more than anything, but that big ol' head of yours makes it hard to do that for long.
- You have also become the master thumb, finger, hand sucker. You can find your hands much easier, whether you're sitting up, being held, or laying down.
- The swaddle is GONE! You don't seem to have a favorite sleep position yet, I find you in all kinds of different positions. As long as you can find your thumb, you're happy.
- You have really started taking an interest in your toys this week. You like to grab them and get them to your mouth. Everything goes straight to your mouth these days...toys, mommy's fingers, your clothes...
- We also dropped your last feed this week. I was very anxious about this because I don't want to starve you. However, you are so dead asleep for the last feed and don't eat much- so I figured it was time. I slowly started moving that feed from 10:30 back by 15 min. increments over two weeks. This week it was moved all the way back to 9:15...since you don't go to sleep until about 8, it seemed silly to wake you up an hour later- so I just dropped it. It is silly to be nervous about these things, because obviously, if you are hungry you will let me know. But as a mommy, I just want to do things right and make sure you are happy and healthy! You have now gone 4 days without your last feed and you are more than fine. You still sleep right through the night and wake up at your normal 7am. Phew!
- Your Aunt Steph watched you this week! I took your cousins to the movies and she stayed with you. You had such a good time and were in great hands! Mommy and daddy are so lucky to have great family and friends who want to watch you! You are so loved!!
You may notice some commonalities in these pics (ahem, things, usually hands, in the mouth!)
You love staring at "Pickles" when you go down to sleep.

Hands...
Sweet gal...
You love Sofie...
New nap routine...
First nap without a swaddle...success!
Your beach hat came in...all ready for vacay!
I love this little profile..
She got her first set of pearls!
Snoozing and playing with Gigi while mom went to a training.
Napping at Gigi's house.
Pics from your afternoon with Aunt Steph (you were sucking on your bottle and thumb at the same time).








.











6 comments:
I love her beach hat!
I almost wish Prestyn would suck her thumb...that girl cannot self soothe...probably why she's not STTN. :(
Oh goodness she's getting so big!! We ordered that hat for Isabella too, It just came in yesterday:) We'll have to get a twinkie pic:)
Every milestone is so precious! Can't believe she is big enough to roll over!! Loved watching her and can't wait to do it more often :) XO!
She is so sweet! Yay, for dropping the night feed, now you can realllly relax at night! :)
http://hellonewlywedlife.blogspot.com/
She is adorable!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see beach pictures! That hat is precious!
Random question, how do you like your baby monitor? We are returning ours because it keeps freezing and the sound will also freeze. Yikes!
Post a Comment