...Oh this girl! What fun it was to celebrate her turning two! After last year's big ONE birthday party, I wanted to do something low-key with just our family. Especially since her birthday fell on Easter. We went to church and did all our Easter egg hunting on Saturday, which was perfect with the weather. So Sunday morning, we got up and went out in the chilly rain for Easter and birthday brunch. There were no big balloons, or a spectacular wake-up call, but this girl didn't mind one bit. She got her pancakes and fruit and couldn't have been more pleased. We played a little when we got home and opened one of her gifts- then it was nap time.
After nap, we did what any girl does before her birthday celebration, we got all pretty...with our FIRST HAIRCUT! Little miss has been rocking a mullet, and uneven one at that, for a good year. So it was time for this mommy to shed a tear and let Gigi and Aunt Allie cut. It turned out to be just fine and I can now admit, it was much needed. We picked the perfect time to cut, right after her nap, because she was still a little groggy and didn't move much! (She wouldn't wear the cape!)
Other than making the cake (and Gigi decorating it- one of her many talents), we didn't do anything else in the form of Pinterest decor...which is kind of against my religion, ha! I'm all for the old fashioned birthday celebration- What a perfect little party for our sweet and silly TWO year old!





3 comments:
Her hair cut makes her look so much older! I love low key! How are you feeling?
She really is just soooo cute. Her mouth is amazing!
Your "big girl" is just too darn cute!! I know it's hard for me to not use Pinterest for planning but loved her low key party!
Post a Comment