Pages

5.03.2015

Bumpdates 2.0...Weeks 16-20...

...16 weeks...
How far along? 16 weeks (March 25th)
How big is the baby? TWO avocados and about 4 1/2 inches long according to the pregnancy app!
Maternity Clothes: Not really, still making most of my pants work for now. I tried on some maternity pants because they would be more comfortable, but they're still a little big to wear just yet. I need some warmer weather so I can rock some maxis and sandals!
Sleep: Still sleeping great, only waking about 2 times this week- woo hoo!
Movement: Feeling little flutters here and there. Ready for more!
Food cravings: Braums cherry limeades.
Food aversions:  Everything. Nothing sounds good.
Gender: ... ? ... It's a surprise, we're officially waiting for their birthday!
Symptoms:  Tender breasts, still sleepy- but feeling a little more normal, still lots of bathroom visits-like every 30-60 minutes, much less queasy this week, still lots of indigestion.
What do I miss: Having an appetite. Nothing sounds good. :(
Best moment of the week: Finally finishing a whole meal and not feeling like I'm going to puke or burp it up all night (gross, I know), it's the little things.
What I'm looking forward to: We have an early anatomy scan with our mfm on Friday. Of course, I can't wait to see these two little ones again.
Milestones: Our babies are forming taste buds, hearing/recognizing voices, and beginning to perceive light!
Prayer for babies: Lord, we just want to praise you for these lives. When we thought maybe your plan was for us to be a small family, you have blessed us more abundantly than we could have imagined or hoped for. We pray these babies will continue to grow and develop right on track, that they would have all their organs and body parts accounted for and working correctly. We pray for a long pregnancy with absolutely zero NICU time for either baby. We know you hear us when we pray, and for that we thank you. Amen.




...17 weeks...
How far along? 17 weeks (April 1st)
How big is the baby? TWO navel oranges and about 5+ inches long according to the pregnancy app!
Maternity Clothes: Not really, still working my pants with a rubber band. Most of the maternity pants don't quite fit yet. I can still wear lots of my shirts. I do put on my Old Navy maternity tanks a lot though.
Sleep: Still sleeping great, only waking about 2 times this week now. Enjoying this, because I know the bathroom breaks will come back with vengeance soon enough!
Movement: Feeling little flutters here and there. Ready for more!
Food cravings: Braums cherry limeades. Salty potato chips- I love the Kettle brand.
Food aversions:  Chicken. I think I can eat it and then I start to and want to gag. This was the case the entire pregnancy with Grey, so luckily it held off for a while this time. I can eat shredded chicken in Fuzzy's Tacos though, ha! :)
Gender: ... ? ... It's a surprise, we're officially waiting for their birthday! I love listening to everyone's guesses!
Symptoms:  Tender breasts (and they're now growing, whoa!), still sleepy, still lots of bathroom visits, less indigestion and almost no nausea this week. I usually only start to feel sick if I haven't ate, or if I eat too much. I've been congested since the day I found out I was pregnant, but I am starting to get nose bleeds. ANNNNND....pregnancy brain is here! It waited a while longer to show it's face this go 'round. Last week I unloaded the dishwasher before the dishes were fully clean (I wondered why it was still steaming). There was something else notable that I did, but I already forgot it. So see, preggo brain, full force. :)
One other random thing to document- I have been fighting a cold all week. This is the EXACT same week and days that I also fought a cold when pregnant with Grey. Kind of crazy!
What do I miss: Not a thing! I am so, so thankful for these babies.
Best moment of the week: Our anatomy scan on Friday with the MFM Dr. Both babies look great, heart rates of 148 and 152, Baby B is measuring in the 14th percentile, and baby A in the 21st. Both are small but within normal range. We're definitely not expecting giants with our genes and with Grey's petite frame, not to mention there are 2 of them. Baby B is also our little mover and shaker- I'm assigning that twin to Jared. :) Both babies were vying for attention during the sono. It's still pretty surreal to see TWO on that screen, there are lots of body parts wiggling all about! Makes my heart just swell. We also went back to the OB yesterday, babies looked great (heartbeats were 142 (a) and 147(b)). We can't fit both of them in the screen anymore! My cervix is measuring almost 5 cm, which is wonderful. This is obviously something they monitor closely with twins. The OB said I can wean off my Metformin. hallelujah! He also gave me a referral to a great endo for when we are through the pregnancy. I also cut my hair. Unrelated to pregnancy, but it's shorter than it's been in 11 years- so freeing! :)
What I'm looking forward to: Our next appointment with the MFMnext week. I love being able to check on these sweet babies each week.There is also a bit of disagreement between my OB and MFM Dr. as to whether baby B has a marginal cord insertion. I'd like to ask more questions about this. Ultimately I know God has these babies in his hands no matter the case.
Milestones: Our babies cartilage is turning to bone, they're putting on fat, and their umbilical cords are thickening!
Prayer for babies: Lord, I just thank you for the comfort and peace I have felt over the last week or so. I know many are lifting me and our babies up in prayer. I can feel your hand in our lives and am so thankful for that. Help me continue to surrender to your plans and take complete comfort knowing you at the ultimate planner, perfecter, fixer, doctor, and so much more. Thank you for what you did on the cross for me, Jared, and our babies. We pray nothing more than all 3 of our children will be drawn to you and follow you with all their hearts, all the days of their lives. Amen.

...18 weeks...
How far along? 18 weeks (April 8th)
How big is the baby? TWO sweet potatoes and about 5 1/2 inches long according to thebump.com
Maternity Clothes: Status quo...
Sleep: Still sleeping great and going to bed early (9/9:30), only waking about 2 times this week now. Enjoying this, because I know the bathroom breaks will come back with vengeance soon enough!
Movement: They're making their presence a little more know this week. I just love every time I feel one of them flutter about!
Food cravings: Iced Caramel Machiattos from Starbucks.
Food aversions:  Chicken. Still not as bad as with Grey, but something I'm definitely not interested in eating.
Gender: ... ? ... It's a surprise, we're officially waiting for their birth day! I love listening to everyone's guesses!
Symptoms:  Tender and growing breasts, still sleepy, still lots of bathroom visits, less indigestion and almost no nausea this week. I usually only start to feel sick if I haven't ate, or if I eat too much, congestion/nosebleeds, muscle cramping in my calves.
What do I miss: This week I miss diet cokes. I really want a vanilla diet coke from Sonic!
Best moment of the week: Hmm...spending 3 days full of quality time with Jared and Grey this long Easter weekend. It was good for my soul. We ran errands, checked off to-dos, ate out, played, saw family and friends, worshiped our Savior. It was just what I needed. There is nothing more special than these days. It makes me sad thinking ahead to when our babies will want to go play with friends and not hang with us anymore!
What I'm looking forward to: Our appt. with our mfm on Friday. Ready to see these sweet things again!
Milestones: Our babies are yawning, hiccuping, sucking and swallowing! We're also half way to my goal of making it to 36 weeks!!!
Prayer for babies: Lord, This week I have thought a lot about siblings and what a blessing they can be. I pray over our babies, that they will also be close with one another, that they will love unconditionally and be there for each other through thick in thin. I pray they will encourage and lift one another up. You have hand picked and created them for one another, let their hearts know and understand the blessing they can be to one another. Amen.

...19 weeks...
How far along? 19 weeks (April 15th)
How big is the baby? TWO grapefruit, approximately 6 inches long and 8 ounces according to the pregnancy app.
Maternity Clothes: Status quo...I have been enjoying wearing maxi dresses this past week!
Sleep: Still sleeping great and going to bed early (9/9:30), only waking about 1-2 times a night. Enjoying this, because I know the bathroom breaks will come back with vengeance soon enough!
Movement: Lots of daily fluttering and movement- nothing super strong. I can tell when baby A moves right on top of my bladder- so uncomfortable, luckily it doesn't stay there long. I'm pretty sure baby A has also kicked my cervix a couple of times- that's not going to feel good when it gets bigger!
Food cravings: Iced coffees from Starbucks still. I've had one almost every other day. Decaf, of course.
Food aversions:  Chicken. Still not as bad as with Grey, but something I'm definitely not interested in eating.
Gender: ... ? ... It's a surprise, we're officially waiting for their birth day! I love listening to everyone's guesses!
Symptoms:  Tender and growing breasts, still sleepy, still lots of bathroom visits, less indigestion, nausea seems gone, congestion/nosebleeds, muscle cramping in my calves.
What do I miss: I can't think of a single thing...
Best moment of the week: Seeing our babies (of course) at the mfm. They're so sweet and silly. It's fun to watch them already interacting and misbehaving, ha! Also, I was a single mom for 6 days, so I was so glad when Jared got home from his business trip this week. Props to single moms, it's exhausting- but also rewarding knowing you just survived a whole day on your own! : )
What I'm looking forward to: We actually have a week off from dr. appts. this week... I'm looking forward to dinner dates and a girls' night with some of my favorite friends.
Milestones: Our babies' 5 senses are developing in their brains. We're half way there!! I can't imagine we'll go past 38 weeks!
Prayer for babies: Lord, We just praise you for another week for these babies to grow and develop. We continue to pray these babies do not deliver a day earlier than 36 weeks and that they do not spend a single moment in the NICU. We are so thankful you are a God who hears our prayers and who ultimately knows what is best for our babies and family. Amen.
...20 weeks...
How far along? 20 weeks (April 22nd)
How big is the baby? TWO bananas, approximately 6 1/2 inches long and 10 ounces according to thebump.com
Maternity Clothes: Status quo...I have been enjoying wearing maxi dresses this past week! Tried on maternity pants again, some are still just too big, but I think I'll start wearing a few of the other pairs!
Sleep: Status Quo- going to bed early, but sleeping great between bathroom breaks!
Movement: Lots more daily fluttering and movement! Babies have moved from the "bumkbed" position they've been in for weeks and are now side by side, both breech. Baby A is on my right and closer to my spine, and Baby B is on my left and closer to the front. Right now, Baby B is presenting first, so it would be the first to deliver. I'm sure that will change! All this to say, I feel most of the movement very low because that's where their legs/feet are! This is so different from Grey, who I felt on my right side!
Food cravings: Salads and still iced coffees from Starbucks still. I've had one almost every other day. Decaf, of course.
Food aversions:  Chicken. Still not as bad as with Grey, but something I'm definitely not interested in eating.
Gender: ... ? ... It's a surprise, we're officially waiting for their birth day! I love listening to everyone's guesses!
Symptoms:  Tender and growing HUGE breasts (this makes the hubs pretty happy, ha!), still sleepy, still lots of bathroom visits, thirsty, major congestion, nosebleeds, muscle cramping in my calves.
What do I miss: I can't think of a single thing...
Best moment of the week: Seeing our babies (of course) at the mfm again. They both look great and we got another great anatomy scan. Both babies are sharing fluids and nutrients and growing. They're both 9 ounces and have heartbeats at 149 and 146 bpm, respectively. I'm not sure what their percentile was this time, and I don't care too much, because I'm just so thankful they're looking good! My cervix was also still long and closed- another answered prayer!
What I'm looking forward to: I got a month off from the OB, so I am excited to see him again next week...and our babies again too! : ) I'm also planning on purchasing the cribs and getting a dresser refinished for the nursery...I can't believe we get to do this again! :)
Milestones: Our babies have working taste buds and are practicing swallowing amniotic fluid!
Prayer for babies: Lord, We continue to thank you for every hour, day, and week of this pregnancy. We know that every day counts for the growth of our babies. We ask that you will continue to bless their growth and development, that they will be protected from twin to twin transfusion, that they would both be equally healthy. We pray for zero time in the NICU and healthy babies. Amen.

Baby A trying to chew on Baby B's head!
Profiles!
Baby A's profile. Can't wait to see who these two look like!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Our life with 2 P's said...

Love you and those babies!! I can't believe you are more than halfway there!! Their auntie can't wait to hold them :) You're precious!!!