...22 weeks...
How far along? 22 weeks (May 6th)
How big is the baby? TWO eggplants, 1-1.3 lbs each and 11-12 inches long! (per the pregnancy app)
Maternity Clothes: Maternity pants all the way & lots of maxi dresses! Still going back and forth between my regular shirts and maternity.
Sleep: Sleep is restless. I'm definitely tired and still hitting the hay around 8:30/9 if I can, but I do lots of switching sides all night long.
Movement: Lots of sweet kicks and rolls- I missed that feeling so much! Baby A is head down on my right, and Baby B is breech/transverse on my left (s/he moves a lot- I'm assigning that twin to Jared). I feel baby A a lot because his/her feet kick my right side and it's pretty pronounced. I feel baby B, but with his/her legs down, it's not as strong or obvious. I'm sure as they continue to grow and change position, that will all change!
Food cravings: Same: Salads and still iced coffees from Starbucks.
Food aversions: Chocolate drinks. Still Chicken (mostly breasts, I can do some chicken if it's shredded).
Gender: ... ? ... It's a surprise, we're officially waiting for their birth day! I love listening to everyone's guesses!
Symptoms: Status Quo: Tender and growing HUGE breasts (this makes the hubs pretty happy, ha!), still sleepy, still lots of bathroom visits, thirsty, major congestion (this is seriously ridiculous this time!), nosebleeds, muscle cramping in my calves.
What do I miss: I can't think of a single thing...
Best moment of the week: Seeing our crazy babies yesterday! They are in ying/yang position and kicking each other constantly in the head, or stick their tiny hiney's in each other's faces! It's pretty humorous to watch! Both babies looked great and were sharing nicely. No concern for Baby B's kidneys this week! Praise!
*I'm pretty emotional this week and have teared up several times as I think about the reality of expanding our family and meeting these sweet ones. If I make it to my goal of 36 weeks, that's only 14 weeks away! Pretty crazy to think about!
What I'm looking forward to: Still counting down the days to summer- 24 work days left for me! I'm excited to visit my mom in AR this weekend and relax for Mother's Day. We'll get another glimpse of our babies next week at the OB, which is always something to look forward to. And we're getting closer to the 24 week mark- viability!
Milestones: The babies are sleeping in cycles, for 12-14 hours per day and they're looking more like babies with their developed eyes and lips! (Per thebump.com)
We have names. We've had them for a while, but we're pretty set on them now. This is huge, as we went to the hospital without a boy or girl name picked out. So, without further adieu:
Boy Names:
Cohen Hank & Crew Robert. We just like the first names, no fancy reason behind them, but we really like family names for middle names. Grey (we just liked that name) Nicolette (my grandma's maiden name. My little sister was supposed to be Nicolet, but my aunt claimed it for her little girl that she never had). Sooo- all that to say, Hank is one of Jared's grandpa's many names. He was born Henry Lee, but people also called him HL, Bill Jack, or Hank. So Cohen will carry Jared's grandpa's namesake. Robert was my grandpa's name. So Crew will carry that namesake.
Girl Names:
Hazel Lynn & Scarlett Gene.Again, we just like the first names, although we are fully aware that would make our 3 girls have color names, which is sure to make them hate us one day. Lynn is my mom's middle name, so Hazel would carry that namesake, but her initals would also be HL- honoring Jared's grandpa as well. I loooove that! Gene was Jared's grandma's name, so Scarlett would carry that namesake. Also, if they are girls, all 3 of our girls will have double letters somewhere in their name, just like their daddy and I: Jared Allen, Jaimee Ranee, Grey Nicolette, Scarlett Gene, and Hazel Lynn.
*I don't know if saying "carrying that namesake" is accurate, but that's all my preggo brain could come up with.
Prayer for babies: Lord, I just want to thank you this week- for showing your love to us through the gift of our children. We love our 3 babies so much and cannot imagine life without them. They are a reminder of your faithfulness, your power, and your love for us...amen.
...23 weeks...
How far along? 23 weeks (May 13th)
How big is the baby? TWO grapefruits, per the bump.com. Baby A is 1 lb 2 oz and Baby B is 1 lb 1 oz. These babies are actually measuring on track for singletons- Praise HIM! We are SO, SO thankful that God is answering our prayers that these babies share nutrients and both grow the same!
Maternity Clothes: Maternity pants all the way & leggings, and lots of maxi dresses! Still going back and forth between my regular shirts and maternity.
Sleep: Good, not as restless as last week- but still 1-2 potty stops each night. And lots of switching from right to left to relieve hip pain.
Movement: Lots of sweet kicks and rolls- Both babies are breech this week- so the kicks are low and not as distinct. I'm not sure how I feel about the kicks to the bladder and cervix- not nearly as comfortable as the ones to the side!
Food cravings: Same: Salads and still iced coffees from Starbucks.
Food aversions: Chocolate drinks. Still Chicken (mostly breasts, I can do some chicken if it's shredded).
Gender: ... ? ... It's a surprise, we're officially waiting for their birth day! I love listening to everyone's guesses!
Symptoms: Status Quo: Tender and
What do I miss: I can't think of a single thing...
Best moment of the week: Seeing our babies again. They're both looking so great and so is my cervix. I pray this stays the same for weeks and weeks to come.
What I'm looking forward to: Starting to put things together for the nursery. There's not a ton we can do, but a few things here and there will make me feel better. We need to start some of my nesting to-do's as well. My dr. said most mono-di twins deliver between 28-32 weeks. We are obviously praying to keep these babies in much longer, as long as is safe for me and them- but knowing there's a possibility of them being here as soon as 5 weeks (hopefully not a day sooner) has me a little anxious about all we have left to do!
Milestones: Our babies faces are fully formed and just need to add fat, they're listening to all the sounds around them (my beautiful singing voice, honking, etc.) per thebump.com
Prayer for babies: Lord, We continue to give you all the praise through this pregnancy. You have answered our prayers and answered them in even better ways that we could imagine. We pray that you would continue to bless the lives of these babies- that they would grow big and strong and not deliver a moment too soon. We continue to pray for no NICU time- healthy eaters/nursers, and no medical complications for babies or mommy. Thank you for already being there, for writing our story. It is perfect and we can trust in that. Amen.














3 comments:
You look adorable!!! And love, love the names!!!!! :)
I'm going to guess at least one girl! They are just already so pretty! So they are either girls or pretty boys!
Ummm....the names!!!! LOVE!!!!
Post a Comment