Pages

4.13.2015

Bumpdates 2.0...Weeks 6-11...

I started Bumpdates at the same week I did for Grey...I've actually been more consistent with picture taking this time!

... 6 Weeks
How far along? 6 weeks (January 14th)
How big is the baby? 3.6mm according to our sono today, thebump.com says a sweet pea
Maternity Clothes: Nope- but I'm sure I've already gained 2 pounds
Sleep: I'm definitely going to bed earlier. With Grey I came home from work, napped, ate, and went to back to sleep. I can't do the nap this time, but I'm usually in bed by 8/8:30.
Movement: None- I think I have to wait a while for that. : (
Food cravings: Mexican food (Fuzzy's- but I always crave that),  fruit, and water
Food aversions: None so far.
Gender: We'll be waiting again for baby's birthday to find out!
Symptoms: Tender breasts, a bit more sleepy, LOTS of bathroom visits-partly because I'm craving water, major ovary pains (my 4 follicles that released eggs are still WAY enlarged, so I feel random pains and stabs throughout the day)
What do I miss: My morning coffee if I had to pick something. But really nothing. I love being pregnant and I consider it the biggest blessing and honor to carry a baby. I won't be missing much because I know it's only for a short while.
Best moment of the week: Seeing our baby's heartbeat. BEST. SOUND. EVER. There is nothing like seeing that flicker on the screen. With Grey we were able to pick up the sound at 6 weeks, but the doplar couldn't pick it up this time.
What I'm looking forward to: Everything that pregnancy brings. I love being pregnant. I can't wait to see our baby again next week when we graduate to the OB! Bye bye fertility appointments! :)
Milestones: Hearing our baby's heartbeat.
Prayer for baby: Lord,  How can we put into words our gratitude and joy for this blessing. We thank you for answering our prayers and creating life inside me again. We know we are so undeserving. Let us remember that this baby, like Grey, is not ours, but yours. Let us trust his/her life with you all their days. We pray that you would protect our baby this first trimester as s/he rapidly grows and develops. We pray for a healthy baby. We pray for those around us still waiting on their own blessings. We ask that you would answer their prayers in your perfect time and offer them peace in the waiting. Amen.

Yes, I'm slightly embarrassed posting this picture. But I'm afraid they may never look the same.




... 7 Weeks...The week we found out it's TWINS!!!
How far along? 7 weeks (January 21st)
How big is the baby? TWO blueberries according to thebump.com
Maternity Clothes: Nope- but I'm already up 4 pounds. I'm blaming that on doing Paleo and having the flu leading up to pregnancy...and the fact the I'm constantly starving...and TWINS!
Sleep: I'm definitely going to bed earlier. Sleeping fine, with 1-3 bathroom breaks a night.
Movement: None- I think I have to wait a while for that. : (
Food cravings: Mexican food (Fuzzy's- but I always crave that),  fruit, cheese, and water
Food aversions: None so far. There was one day I couldn't stomach chicken though.
Gender: Well, I thought we'd be waiting to find out, but due to the nature of the pregnancy and that I will likely be in the hospital for a while, we're going to have to have a nursery ready. Originally we were going to do the nursery after baby, but I can't quite picture how that would work with twins and a toddler at home! I am predicting boys though...this pregnancy is already completely different- very little to light nausea, hungry ALL the time, headaches...of course it could be that I'm carrying twins too. Heartbeats for baby A was in the 130s and for baby B was in the 120s. (4/13/2015- it's funny rereading this, I would say this pregnancy has actually been pretty similar to my first now!)
Symptoms: Tender breasts, more sleepy, LOTS of bathroom visits-partly because I'm craving water, ovary pains are less this week, on and off queasiness (but very light and often happens AFTER I eat), occasional mild/dull headaches, constipation.
What do I miss: I kind of wanted a vanilla diet coke from Sonic this week, so I guess that!
Best moment of the week: Well, finding out we're carrying IDENTICAL twins. Duh! What a complete and total shock. We've done lots of processing and praying. And OH, getting a new bed and mattress! This has been 3 years in the making. I feel like this is a good thing for a preggo.
What I'm looking forward to: Baby movement. It's my favorite. I know it's a ways a way though. I go to bed every night with my hand on my belly, just like I did with Grey.
Milestones: Seeing both babies' heartbeats and that they are both measuring right on track.
Prayer for babies: Dear Heavenly Father, This week's sono was no surprise to you. You have known the plan for our lives and our family before we were born. We take such comfort in that. We are so excited to see your plan unfold. Thank you for holding us in the palm of your hand. Hold these sweet little miracles in your hand too. Please bless this pregnancy and the health of these babies. We know this is a journey we are on and there will be ups and downs. Let us turn to you for wisdom and discernment, but also for peace that surpasses all understanding. Amen.
Our doctor's drawing of all the types of twins...we definitely had a crash course in twins this day!

 
 
... 8 Weeks...
How far along? 8 weeks (January 28th)
How big is the baby? TWO raspberries according to thebump.com and over half an inch each.
Maternity Clothes: Nope- but I definitely am already not buttoning most of my pants. I use a rubber band to give me an extra inch.
Sleep: I'm definitely going to bed earlier. Sleeping fine, with 1-3 bathroom breaks a night.
Movement: None- I think I have to wait a while for that. : (
Food cravings: Cereal,  fruit, cheese, and water...feeling too lazy to cook.
Food aversions: Nothing specific, but there are things that definitely don't sound or smell good.
Gender: I'm still guessing boys, but I think I've decided to wait again until their birth to find out!
Symptoms: Tender breasts, more sleepy, LOTS of bathroom visits-partly because I'm craving water,  on and off queasiness- some pretty rough waves of it this week, with one small puking incicent, It was very small though and nothing seems to last too long.  Occasional mild/dull headaches, constipation, and indegestion
What do I miss: Nothing!
Best moment of the week: Seeing our babies again and immediately seeing their membranes. We had a crash course in twins the last week and were praying like crazy our babies would not be sharing an amniotic sac. Something that is incredibly rare and incredibly dangerous for the babies (50% survival rate). It was truly by God's grace that we went from seeing NO SIGN of a membrane at week 7, to seeing both membranes around each baby, as clear as day. My OB said he believes God placed that membrane there because he would've bet money last week that they were mono-mono twins. HE said we can expect a normal twin pregnancy now, which may include bedrest, but hopefully not at week 24 as would've been likely if the twins were sharing a sac. Have I mentioned I love our OB? He said he would see us as often as we wanted to come in, and while there was no reason to come in again for another month, he is letting us go in in two more weeks for another sono. He is truly so wonderful!
What I'm looking forward to: Seeing our babIES again in two more weeks and movement...
Milestones: Seeing both babies' heartbeats and that they are both measuring right on track. Both measured right at 8 weeks. Baby A's heartbeat was 180 bpm, and Baby B's was 167 bpm.
Prayer for babies: Lord, you are in the business of answering prayers. Thank you for hearing ours. We believe you miraculously placed our babies in separate amniotic sacs to keep them safe and growing. We pray for their continued health and growth. That at this delicate time in development, you would beautifully form each and every organ and body part to work just as you designed. We pray for every chromosome, every cell. And we most of all pray for these babies' hearts. That they would not only supply life to their bodies, but be drawn to love and serve you all the days of their lives. Amen.
 

... 9 Weeks...
How far along? 9 weeks (February 4th)
How big is the baby? TWO grapes according to Pregnancy app and over half an inch each.
Maternity Clothes: Nope- but I definitely am already not buttoning most of my pants. I use a rubber band to give me an extra inch. I wouldn't say I have a bump, but I've got a gut.
Sleep: I'm definitely going to bed earlier....I'm sooooo tired. Sleeping fine, with 1-3 bathroom breaks a night.
Movement: None- counting down the days...
Food cravings: Veggies, fruit, and anything salty/savory...still feeling too lazy to cook, but forcing myself to!
Food aversions: Not really into sweets or anything creamy.
Gender: I'm still guessing boys, especially now with my food cravings/aversions.
Symptoms:  I'm STARVING! Tender breasts, sleepy-sleepy-sleepy, LOTS of bathroom visits-like every 30-60 minutes,  on and off queasiness- not as much this week, & constipation.
What do I miss: Nothing!
Best moment of the week: Making it another week! This is our first week without any kind of dr. appt. since December 1st. I'm sort of missing the hospital.
What I'm looking forward to: Seeing our babIES again next week. It's hard waiting 2 weeks now! I also cannot wait to feel them move.
Milestones: Making it another week. This is a milestone and I'm so thankful for every day of the lives of these babies. We are also entering the "fetal" period and out of the "embryonic" period.
Prayer for babies: Lord, you are good. We praise you for what you have done. We pray for a long healthy pregnancy for me and the babies. We specifically pray that these babies stay put until 36 weeks. We know you can do more than we can imagine or ask and praise you for your CONSTANT goodness. Amen.

Exhaustion + Traveling = No picture this week!

... 10 Weeks...
How far along? 10 weeks (February 11th)
How big is the baby? TWO prunes according to thebump.com and now over an inch each! Both babies were measuring right at 10 weeks.
Maternity Clothes: Still no- but I definitely am already not buttoning most of my pants. Still feel like I've got a gut- my waist is definitely thicker.
Sleep: Sleeping fine, still going to bed early and waking for multiple bathroom breaks.
Movement: None- counting down the days...
Food cravings: Veggies, fruit, and fresh salad. Anything light and refreshing. Although, nothing really sounds that great when it comes time to eat and I've been feeling pretty ick after eating.
Food aversions: Everything. Nothing sounds good, ha! And Sweets always make me feel sick after I eat them.
Gender: I'm still guessing boys, especially now with my food cravings/aversions.
Symptoms:  Tender breasts, sleepy-sleepy-sleepy, LOTS of bathroom visits-like every 30-60 minutes, on and off queasiness-usually after eating, and constipation.
What do I miss: Nothing!
Best moment of the week: Seeing our babies squirming all around, seeing their separate membranes, seeing their heartbeats (baby A 168, and baby B 166), and seeing they're both growing right on track. Such a sweet, reassuring blessing.
What I'm looking forward to: Movement for sure. Our next appt. in 2 weeks, it will be our first trimester screening, so we'll get to hopefully see all the body parts and organs. Praying for perfectly developing, healthy babies.
Milestones: From thebump.com...and No, I cannot believe that at 10 weeks, my babies already are this developed. God's creation is simply amazing!
  • Baby has working arm joints, and her cartilage and bones are forming.
  • Her vital organs are fully developed and they're starting to function.
  • Her fingernails and hair are starting to appear, too.
  • Plus, she's swallowing and kicking in there. (Can you believe it?!
Prayer for babies: Lord, We thank you for every week, every day, every minute you allow these babies to grow inside me. We specifically prayer for 36+ weeks of pregnancy and for strong, healthy babies. We praise you for these wonderful blessings. For making us a mommy and daddy of three. Amen



 Photobucket

1 comments:

Laura said...

Those ultrasound photos are precious!