... 11 Weeks...
How far along? 11 weeks (February 18th)
How big is the baby? TWO figs according to The Pregnancy app!
Maternity Clothes: Still no- but I definitely am already not buttoning most of my pants. I definitely have a bump! I look about like what I did at 13/14 weeks with Grey.
Sleep: Sleeping fine, still going to bed early and waking for multiple bathroom breaks.
Movement: I know it's super early, but I swear I felt a couple flutters this week!
Food cravings: Veggies, fruit, and fresh salad. I really want a baked potato, but haven't had one yet.
Food aversions: Nothing specific, not much really sounds that great to me right now.
Gender: Going back and forth on whether to find out or not. I still am guessing boys.
Symptoms: Tender breasts, sleepy-sleepy-sleepy, LOTS of bathroom visits-like every 30-60 minutes, pretty queasy this week, and constipation.
What do I miss: Nothing!
Best moment of the week: Seeing light at the end of the tunnel for the first trimester. I feel like things will really start to sink in then!
What I'm looking forward to: Our first trimester screening next week. We pray every body part and organ is accounted for, and every cell is functioning just as it was designed!
Milestones: Bones are hardening, webbing is gone from feet and hands, nails and hair are starting to grow...
Prayer for babies: Lord, We continue to praise you for these sweet growing babies. We pray that you will continue to bless this pregnancy, that you will protect us from miscarriage or loss of any kind. We specifically pray that every part of our babies looks perfect, down to each cell and chromosome, at next week's sono. Thank you for holding these lives in your hands. Amen.
...12 weeks...
How far along? 12 weeks (February 25th)
How big is the baby? TWO plums according to thebump.com, and a little over 2 inches each!
Maternity Clothes: Still no- I'm the same as I have been, not buttoning my higher waisted jeans, can button my low rise ones, and definitely have a bump (that is much bigger at night, thanks bloat!).
Sleep: Sleeping fine, still going to bed early and waking for multiple bathroom breaks- averaging about 4 breaks a night this week. I can basically walk to the bathroom from my bed without opening my eyes.
Movement: Again, I know it's super early, but I'm pretty sure I felt the babies twice this last week!
Food cravings: Veggies, fruit, fresh salad, Colby Jack cheese, and Braums cherry limeades.
Food aversions: Lots of things don't really sound good, including chicken this week. One thing specifically that hasn't sounded good for many weeks is warm coffee latte drinks- the thought of something that big, sweet, and creamy makes me want to puke.
Gender: To find out or not to find out...that is the question. I'm guessing boys!
Symptoms: Tender breasts, sleepy-sleepy-sleepy, LOTS of bathroom visits-like every 30-60 minutes, less queasy this week, and indigestion.
What do I miss: Nothing!
Best moment of the week: Nothing pregnancy related, but we had two ice days, so no school! That is a praise! I used one day to organize my crafting mess. We are consolidating my craft room and the hub's office- which will be interesting. :)
My husband will tell you that his best moment of the week was watching me literally sob at the preview for The Theory of Everything. I tear up pretty easily anyway, but the hormones were running strong that day. We ended up watching the movie and I never even cried, but something about that dang preview!
What I'm looking forward to: Our first trimester screening in a couple of days. I can't wait to see how these babies have grown in the last two weeks.
Milestones: Critical systems are now mostly formed and it's time for organs and body parts to undergo rapid growth. Babies' reflexes are developing this week! (Per thebump.com)
Prayer for babies: Lord, We pray for any anxiety that arises this week before the first trimester screening. In your son's name, we ask for healthy, growing babies, with absolutely no areas of concern. Help us to turn worries and fears over to you as this pregnancy progresses. Thank you for allowing us to be parents to these twins. We are so in love. Amen.
...13 weeks...
How far along? 13 weeks (March 4th)
How big is the baby? TWO kiwis according to the pregnancy app!
Maternity Clothes: Still no- I'm the same as I have been, not buttoning my higher waisted jeans, can button my low rise ones, and definitely have a bump (that is much bigger at night, thanks bloat!). I will say my hips are already spreading and I'm ready for some maternity jeans for that reason alone!
Sleep: Sleeping fine, still going to bed early (but not as early, ie- 7:30/8) and waking for multiple bathroom breaks- averaging about 4 breaks a night.. I can basically walk to the bathroom from my bed without opening my eyes.
Movement: Still think I feel flutters at different times- bring on the more distinct movements!
Food cravings: Fruit, peppermint shake (which I ate), & taco salad.
Food aversions: Still nothing specific, but still not a great appetite. Don't worry, I'm gaining plenty (up 7 pounds I think).
Gender: ... ? ... It's a surprise!
Symptoms: Tender breasts, sleepy-sleepy-sleepy, LOTS of bathroom visits-like every 30-60 minutes, less queasy this week, and some serious indigestion.
What do I miss: Nothing- I'm so, SO thrilled for God bringing us this far!
Best moment of the week: Without a doubt, seeing our babies at their first trimester screening. They're in a "bunk bed" position, facing each other. Everything looked great and on track which is more than we can ask for. The sonographers were able to tell the gender, but it's a surprise and we're waiting for birth day!
What I'm looking forward to: Officially being out of our first trimester next week. Going to Spain in 3 days (it'll be the only traveling these babies do for a while :)). Our next sono in a week and 1/2.
Milestones: Our babies have fingerprints and their bodies are becoming more proportionate with their heads! (Per bump.com)
Prayer for babies: Lord, We praise you for a great sonogram. We are so thankful for babies that are developing and growing. We continue to ask you for their good health, for every single chromosome, cell, body part, and organ to grow and function just as they were designed to do. We pray specifically for our babies hearts, that the anatomy is flawless, but more importantly that the seeds are already being planted for these babies to one day confess your name. Nothing matters more than them loving and living for you. Amen
...14 weeks...
How far along? 14 weeks (March 11th)
How big is the baby? TWO peaches according to the pregnancy app!
Maternity Clothes: Not really. I wore a pair of maternity pants last week on our trip to Barcelona, but that has been it. I am definitely more comfortable in leggings right now. I'm sure I'll be making the switch to maternity pants pretty soon! I do have a pretty visible bump that is rather hard to disguise this week!
Sleep: Still sleeping great, but still waking 3-4 times for bathroom breaks. Sometimes more.
Movement: Still think I feel flutters at different times- bring on the more distinct movements!
Food cravings: Fruit! Pasta! I think being in Spain made me really want some carbs! I also really craved some alcohol, ha! Going to Spain and not drinking copious amounts of sangria was a different experience. I did find one restaurant that made some non-alcoholic sangria and it was pretty yum!
Food aversions: Meat- again, this could be from being in Spain, but I was in no mood for meat. I also will start to eat something and can't finish it due to feeling nauseous.
Gender: ... ? ... It's a surprise, we're officially waiting for their birth day!
Symptoms: Tender breasts, less sleepy this week, LOTS of bathroom visits-like every 30-60 minutes, much less queasy this week, no appetite for much.
What do I miss: Maybe sangria this week!
Best moment of the week:I had some random spotting last week and ended up going to the doctor just hours before our flight to make sure everything was okay. Both babies were fine and so was my cervix. I felt so much more comfortable flying over seas knowing everything was going good. Any time I get to see these babies is a "best moment".
What I'm looking forward to: We have another sono and appt. on Monday. I am loving being monitored so closely. I will basically be seeing my gyno or mfm dr. every week or every other at the least.
Milestones: Our babies are practicing breathing and their reflexes are getting stronger!
Prayer for babies: I have had a lot of fear during this pregnancy, knowing all the risks that come with carrying twins, particularly "mo-di" twins who share a placenta. I read too many blogs, too many infertility boards, too many Facebook Mo-di group posts, too many heartbreaking stories. I want to be realistic and aware, but I don't want the fears to steal the joy of being pregnant with two little miracle babies...
Lord, I know fear and anxiety is not from you. Help me to remember that you are the author of peace. Let me remember that our story is our own. Let me remember that, just like Grey, these babies are not ours. They are your precious children and you hold them in your hands. Protect our hearts and protect the lives of these babies. I trust in you Lord, in your plan, in your peace, in your truths. My hope is in you. Amen.
...15 weeks...
How far along? 15 weeks (March 18th)
How big is the baby? TWO pears and almost 4 inches long according to the pregnancy app!
Maternity Clothes: Not really, still making most of my pants work for now. I tried on some maternity pants because they would be more comfortable, but they're still a little big to wear just yet. I need some warmer weather so I can rock some maxis and sandals!
Sleep: Still sleeping great, but still waking 3-4 times for bathroom breaks. Sometimes more.
Movement: Feeling little flutters here and there. Ready for more!
Food cravings: Braums cherry limeades.
Food aversions: Everything. Nothing sounds good.
Gender: ... ? ... It's a surprise, we're officially waiting for their birth day!
Symptoms: Tender breasts, less sleepy this week, still lots of bathroom visits-like every 30-60 minutes, SUPER queasy again and TERRIBLE indigestion this week.
What do I miss: Having an appetite. Nothing sounds good. :(
Best moment of the week: Of course, seeing our babies! They both looked great, heart beats were 156 for Baby A and 158 for Baby B. We did learn that Baby B likely has marginal cord insertion, which my doctor assured me isn't bad news, but can cause growth abnormalities...
We are also pretty sure we decided on names for them if they're boys or girls. Middle names are not 100% yet, so we'll probably wait to share. This is a huge accomplishment for 2 people who went to the hospital with a long list of names for their first baby!
What I'm looking forward to: Our mfm is doing an early anatomy scan on Friday- more glimpses of our babies, what more could a pregnant lady want?
Milestones: Our babies are starting to grow hair, hiccup, grasp, yawn, and blink!
Prayer for babies:
Lord,We pray daily for the health of our babies. We pray they grow and develop until they're full term. We pray for absolutely no time spent in the NICU. We continue to ask these things in your name. We also pray for our hearts as we learn to take it one day at a time and simply praise you each and every day for what you have done. Thank you isn't enough. Amen.


















2 comments:
You look great, so exciting!
I haven't been in the blogger world lately and I've missed your wonderful announcement! So, so happy for you and your family!! Twins!! Big sissy better get ready;) I'm so glad God blessed you with more babies and will be praying for you all. I always love catching up on your blog but I'm even more excited to do so!
Post a Comment