Pages

2.08.2012

Our Love Story; Link-up...

...In honor of Valentine's, I'm linking up with Mrs. to Mama.

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We started dating 8 years and 5 months ago, been in love for 8 years and 3 months, and married for 6 years and 4 months!

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
Long story short: We were sophomores at OU. I was leaving a frat party, and he was going in. My best friend had lived on the same floor as him freshman year and introduced us. I told him he was a nice dresser. He followed us to a different frat house. I wanted to know more about him & found out he had a girlfriend. He went home that night and told him roommate he had met the most beautiful girl at OU. Six months later he broke up with his gf and called me.

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
We celebrated our six year anniversary on October 15th.
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?
We married at Cross Timbers Winery, outside, next to a big red barn. We had about 250 people there. It was simple and fabulous!
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
We jokingly call each other names that our parents or grandparents called us. So, Jaim-o, J-bo, Jaimee-cakes, J-bug. A couple years ago I started calling him Jaries. It makes me laugh.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
I love his personality! I love that he is dependable and trustworthy. I love that he is so incredibly intelligent. I love the way he loves me. (I couldn't just name 3!)
7. Tell us how he proposed?
Another long story short. Nine months after we started dating, we were taking summer classes at OU. He had unlocked a window to my apt. the night before. He snuck in after I went to class and covered my apt. in rose petals and candles. He had bought us plates & wine glasses, bought my favorite wine at the time, ordered my favorite meal, had my favorite music playing, and had laid out a "Love Is..." comic (I used to cut these out of the newspaper all the time). The comic said, "Love is not being his first girlfriend, but being his last." Melt my heart. He gave a mushy speech & got down on one knee. I said yes.
Our engagement picture. 
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for V-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
He can go either way. It's always a surprise on how we will celebrate! Although, as a general rule, we aren't really into the whole Valentine's thing. I prefer random romance, rather than the scheduled day!

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or a pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Both! Depends on my mood. I like variety!

10.Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day? If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Hmm...so many things! Have a baby, go to Greece, retire! : )

11. Tell us what you plan on doing this Valentine's Day?
Nothing? I really have no idea! Like I said, we don't really go all out for this one.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Nope. Just spend time with the one I love.

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Lean on God & pray together. Surprise one another & speak their "love language".

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
This was in front of where we built our first house. 
Having FUN!
{The only thing that counts if faith, expressing itself through love. ~Galatians 5:6}

Link Up!
Photobucket

1 comments:

Olga Marquez said...

{{{{{LOVE}}}}}