Pages

1.16.2012

Only One Angel...

...Last week, Jared's grandma went to Heaven to be with her Lord and Savior. It was a long, exhausting week, but in the midst of losing someone so special, a family was brought together to share memories of this great lady. I was only able to know Grandma Gene for the last 10 years, but I feel like I knew her my whole life. She was a loving, kind, generous, and classy Christian lady. I always loved listening to her tell stories about her family, particularly stories of my husband as a child. I also have always loved hearing stories about her. My favorite is how she used to read "The Monster at the End of this Book" to my husband and his brother with her sweet southern accent.

...One of the neatest things happened after the funeral that I just have to share & write down. Grandma Gene LOVED owls. Her house was filled with hundreds of them. Well, on the way home from the funeral, sitting atop a lamp post in Pleasant Grove, Texas, during the middle of a sunny day, was a beautiful white owl. It was so bizarre and incredibly cool. What an amazing reminder from our God that we will see her again one day.

...During the service, Jimmy Lafave sang the song below. He is an incredible artist & we love his music, but now this song will be extra special.


Photobucket

1 comments:

Olga Marquez said...

Oh my gosh lady... I almost cried! Am sorry to hear about your guys is loss, but we know she is in paradise now!! What a sign from God when you guys seen that white owl! Wow!! Very touching.