...We were long over due for a family vacation. Looking back, while we've taken the girls places- we've never had a real, official family vacation- even when it was just Grey. This summer seemed like the perfect ages to start vacationing with our little pretties. I wanted to go all out with a beach trip, but we are saving that and just started small. We packed up last Thursday and headed to the Hyatt Hill Country in San Antonio. I'm still not sure how I feel about sharing 1 hotel room (we all ended up just going to bed at the same time), but it was overall a great trip!
The twins got to turn their seats around and they were all perfect angels on the 5 hr car ride. They watched a movie, Grey played on the iPad, they played with babies, and napped on and off. We stopped and ate Chick-fil-a about half way through.
Our very sad attempt at a family selfie in the elevator. Ask Jared, I'm the WORST at taking selfies.
Fish observing in the Lobby. Look at that hair!
We laughed at our welcome water, a far cry from our welcome margaritas a few weeks back.
This resort is a perfect place for families. There is a playground, pools, lazy river, slides, surfing, bikes, daily s'mores, movie on the lawn each night, face painting, duck and squirrel feeding and so much more.
How are my babies so big?
Oh, and look who we found there! Cousins!!
We were at my MIL on Sunday and she had mentioned she thought Jared's brother and sister-in-law would be there. I thought, surely not the same weekend. But surely we figured out before we left that we had, in fact, all booked that weekend, because great minds...
We each did our own thing, but had dinner together each night, which was so fun!
Nightly s'mores may have been her favorite.
Trying to get a twin X2 pic.
This girl quickly caught on to the sweet life of cabana living. #spoiledrotten
These two enjoyed pouring water everywhere.
We spent Friday at the resort, enjoying the pool. We rented a cabana, which were not in the best spot, but perfect for families with small kids. They had a refrigerator, tv, safe, 2 lounge chairs, and a table. Plus a waiter.
Jared took the twins up to nap after lunch and Grey and I enjoyed lounging. I read. She watched Sofia the First. Then we swam some more.
After naps, we all got ice cream and headed upstairs to shower.
These balloon animals lasted all of 10 minutes before they were popped.
Our one family vacay pic. :) Love this crew.
After dinner we played some more before s'mores and Moana on the lawn.
Saturday we woke up and headed to Sea World. This was a much better idea in my head. In reality, we should've saved the money and stayed at the resort. I say this for multiple reasons:
1. I don't like amusement parks.
2. The food is terrible.
3. My girls like the splash park and playground- 2 things we can do in Dallas.
4. I'm not an animal activist. I mean, I kind of can't stand my dog right now, but those poor whales. And dolphins.
Everyone loved the carousal, even though this is a creepy shot of a horse behind us, and Scarlett's face tells you otherwise.
Grey thought the Shamu coaster was too rough. It hurt her head. I feel ya, girl.
There were Dip'n'Dots. So we had that going for us. Except for Hazel, who hated them.
We left Sea World around 1pm and headed back home. The trip home was also great, everyone was a great little passenger. And we may have stopped at Chick-fil-a again. #wehaveaproblemIt was a great 2 days with my 4 favorite people. We'll definitely be back to SA with the girls, but I'm thinking there won't be a second trip to Sea World. And please tell me Disney is better, because I'm pretty sure we'll be there next March and I'm kind of scared now...








































3 comments:
This is just adorable! I love the post! The girls are all getting so big! I'm glad y'all had fun!
Disney is amazing! We
took my newly four year old and 14 month old at the time last September for just a day at the Magic Kingdom at WDW and we had a blast! It was HOT but so much fun. Most rides are really tame for the younger crew and honestly we rode 3 rides the entire day. We booked our fast passes for the princesses and watched the big parade that afternoon and met lots of characters. So. Much. Fun. We plan to go back in a few years for a longer trip. I've been such a terrible blogger lately that I ever blogged about it. Maybe I can do it in September as a throw back post and give tips.
That place looked like a perfect place for families! Looked like everyone had a great time and many memories made and remembered! I just love watching your girls grow up:)
Post a Comment