Pages

6.20.2017

Dance Mom...

...I am officially a dance mom. And I kind of like it. We had such a wonderful year of dance. Grey made new friends, and mommy did too. We loved our little dance studio and Miss Robin, the teacher. Grey LOVED dance class and learned so much- she gained confidence and some new moves over the year.

I was an excited anxious all year about the recital- just because I had no idea what to expect and couldn't wait to see what Grey did on stage. Well, I've decided the recital was my absolute favorite part of the year. Her studio does their recital at the Majestic, a historic theater in downtown Dallas, and it was beautiful there. And Grey ROCKED her ballet (Catch a Falling Star) and tap (I'm a Little Tea Pot) numbers, as only a 4 year old can. There might be nothing cuter then 5 precious 4 year old girls dancing their little hearts out in front of a crowd. I definitely cried, and I think daddy did too. We were so proud of our brave dancer and I think in shock of how just how big she's become. We're on dance break for the summer. But we'll be back to practice in August!


We had dress rehearsal on Saturday...


 We hit up a Starbucks between her practice times.
 Rehearsal was great because we were able to watch all the other dances...but at some point that got a little boring for 4 year olds. Ha!
 Rehearsal wore this little lady out.
 And then, Sunday, Mommy and Grey were off early to get ready for the show! She was so excited it was finally here!
 Sweet girls killing time before their performances.

 

 After her ballet number, girl was so hyper! She apparently loved the stage and was in rare form.
 I mean, she posed for me and everything. (Instead of telling meher usual, "No more pictures, mommy!"


 Tapping away before they went on.
 We could only take pictures and video during rehearsal, but I had a friend who broke the rules and snuck this shot of Grey and sent it to me later. :) She's on the right.
 Her biggest fans...





 Sweet girl spent the next 5 days wearing her ballet costume every moment she could.

We love our tiny dancer! :)
 photo sig_1.png

0 comments: