Pages

6.12.2017

Catberrys Do Cabo, and Read Books and Stuff...

...Brace yourself for an obnoxious travel post.

A few months ago our friends, Anne and Eric, asked if we would like to help celebrate their birthdays with a vacation. Um, YES PLEASE! After toying around with a couple spots and considering going back to Key West, we ended up deciding on Cabo.

I've been to Mexico 6 or 7 times, but never to Cabo. I was hesitant bc it's a little pricier and the all-inclusive options are less, but alas, I was going to the beach and I wasn't going to be picky. Anne and Jared made the final choice for our resort and they chose Esperanza. Oh.My.Goodness. Y'all they picked the right place. I can honestly say, given the choice, I will never go anywhere else in Mexico. This resort and our Cabo experience was THE BEST beach trip I have EVER taken. Hands down. My pictures and descriptions won't even do it justice.

On our way! No Kids!
We left around noon on a Saturday.
We all got aisle seats, which was lovely, but I couldn't sleep on Jared's shoulder. I was the weird girl nodding off and jerking her head up.
Upon arriving at our resort, we were greeted with mango passion-fruit margaritas. Best margaritas I've ever had. We may have ordered a pitcher as soon as we got to our room. The best part of our arrival was that there was no check-in. They knew who we were and immediately gave us drinks and a quick tour as we walked to our room.
I snapped a few photos of the resort as we were walking...



When we got out of our car, we were greeted by staff and then introduced to our butler. I was thinking, cool, he takes luggage to our room. But no, Jorge, my new favorite person in the world, was at our service 24/7 for our entire trip. He made all our reservations, ran to Costco to stock our fridge, answered any and all questions we had at any time...cooked for us and CLEANED up the mess!!! I wanted to take him home. 

Another fun fact about the villa we stayed in...
So, part of the resort is owned by the resort and then the other part is residential and owned by owners (super technical terms here). We had booked through the resort but the owner of the exact type of villa we had booked was leaving and wanted them to rent his out even if we hadn't paid the amount for his villa. So, while we ended up in the same villa, we actually were upgraded because we had a much better location. And by that I mean, we were ground level, had a YARD, our own pool, private access to the beach, our own grill, several sitting spots and an area for a bonfire...I cannot even explain the beauty of it all. And it came with JORGE! I know I'm bragging, and I can't even apologize. We are notorious for having terrible travel luck, but everything about this trip was perfect. This specific villa is something we will never have the chance to stay in again. It was total dumb luck! 

Another fun fact about our villa- it's the exact villa the Obamas stayed in during the GI Summit (or something like that). And apparently Kim and Kanye booked it too, had a huge list of things for them to prepare for them and then canceled. Jorge had some great stories to share of the people he has waited on.
best salsa- pineapple, radish, cucumbers, jalapeno...
A view from the the softest, greenest yard.
Both rooms and the living areas had huge doors that opened all the way up to our outdoor areas.
This was all ours. :)
Our private path to the beach.
Looking into our room!

Catberrys do Cabo!
My airplane wear.
I wasted no time getting to work on my tan. Sunlight was fading.


We went for a walk right before sunset. There wasn't a ton of beach area and our resort was surrounded by rocks on either side to keep it private. But it was enough!



Another view from our bonfire area. This was on our the beach path.
That night, we opted to order room service. Jorge took care of us and ordered us delicious fajitas.

The next day we took a cab and went to The Office for breakfast in downtown Cabo. It was right on the beach and we got in some good people watching and saw this couple walking their dog and PIG. 
(I ate a delicious shrimp omelet.)
I also snagged some $10 Raybans from the typical Mexico beach peddlers.
 
And a picture back at our resort before bathing suite time.
Ready
Jorge made us delicious nachos for lunch, which we enjoyed on the patio.
I moved out of the sun at some point and READ until I fell asleep on our little patio. Y'all I read!!! A whole book! In 24 hours. It was glorious. And I also read 3 magazines and 3/4 of another book.

Then I took another sunset walk b/f dinner.


Sunday evening we ate at one of the Restaurants at the resort. It was DEELISH. I ate fish. Because there is nothing better than fresh seafood. I rarely eat it if I'm not by the sea.
My skin hasn't seen sun in some time, so I was a little burnt after the first day. So day two, we hunkered down at the resort pool under the umbrella and people watched. And ordered more of those great margaritas. 
They purposely only keep this resort 70-80% full so it is never crowded. No fighting for chairs.
Jared and Eric enjoyed the view from our room.
Monday night we ate at Toro, a recommended restaurant right outside our resort.



We rode on a little golf cart up to the restaurant.
This was probably my favorite dinner of the trip. I ordered crab tacos, which I had to return b/c they ended up being fried (aka gluten), and I ended up with fish tacos instead. They were fabulous.
Day 3, I was back in the sun! With my new Raybans. Ha!
Jared's view.
A couple more pics of our villa. I loved every detail.


Night 3 we went into town. It was so windy and seriously COLD out. So we only walked around for a bit and bought some gifts for the kiddos. Then we ate at another highly recommended restaurant, Ediths. It was SO amazing!

My outfit.
Jared and his giant margarita.
The most amazing Cesar salad. Made tableside and just deeeeeelish.
The whole restaurant was outside under these lighted huts.
My meal.
And then it was over. We headed back Wednesday afternoon and got home in time to tuck the babes in bed. This was the first vacation I've been on in a while where I just wasn't quite ready to head back to reality. If someone would have brought me our girls, I would've just stayed forever.

I cannot wait for our next trip to Cabo. I am in love.
 photo sig_1.png

0 comments: