Pages

8.31.2016

Round Here|August...

...As August is coming to a close, I thought I'd do a little update with what we've been up to!

It's been a busy month of going back to work part-time and figuring out our new normal in regards to childcare and juggling all the to-dos! But we're doing it and getting better at it every day!

This girl. She lives for pajamas and a twirly skirt. I can convince her to wear clothes when leaving the house, but this is pretty much it the rest of the day!
This sweet stinker was so proud of herself for stealing big sister's water bottle.
Hazel is turning into my yoga intructor/gymnast. #headstandsforthewin
We had 1 year check ups!
Grey and I had a movie date with Aunt Allie!


Grey "helped" Chacha make a Paula Dean carrot cake.
We tried eating at the table, but this was the last time. They loved putting their feet on the table, momma did not.
These two are going to have lots of trouble sharing, I can already tell.
This one (Hazel) is a snuggler and a little possessive of her mommy if anyone else is by me.
We made a trip to Ham Orchard for some homemade peach ice cream before it closed for the summer. If you're in DFW, this is a summer must!

Most of the crew post ice cream.


Scarlett was too busy pulling out her boy.  #everytime #bowhater
She never needs a nap. #liar
We finished the last of the breast milk. Sad day. Kind of.
There are so many combos of pjs and twirly skirts...
...and hats and necklaces. #accessorizeitgirl
Cars are best for napping.
A princess with a hotdog.
This girl got read for dance class!
And forced her gigi to wear a reindeer hat.

And then Scarlett. Because sharing.
These are the moments I live for. The mundane, simple moments I imagined when I thought about kids. Especially a house full of girls.
We went to a birthday party!
And it was pure joy for big sister.



I busted out the cookie cutters.
This girl has officially been to more games than me this year. #notfair #ivebeenreplaced
Again, she's NEVER tired. #liedagain
I turned 34, gasp! We celebrated with sushi downtown.
Followed by a trip to Target because we needed toilet paper. #birthdaydreamcometrue
She looks super cute right here, but don't kid yourself, she ended up coloring on the hardwoods with her gel pen. Thank goodness for Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser. #keepingitreal

Sharing a stroller that's not meant to be shared in this fashion.
I bribed her with a park trip to make it through Hobby Lobby.
I made my favorite purchase of the last year, this jacket! #targetforthewin
We did lots of playing upstairs.
Grey reminded us of the cold hard truth.
And had her first official dance class. Which she LOVED. LOVED.LOVED.

My sweet friend Kate organized a birthday dinner! It was a lovely evening with my girls. Savannah sent desserts to our table since she couldn't make it.


And I guess 34 comes with heart problems. So, I went to the ER. Which was not cool. I'm not currently dying, but we're not exactly sure what's wrong. I have followed up with the cardiologist and an endocrinologist and have many more appts in my future. 
#cooltriangularprismsonmygown


The babies started their "school" and got HFM mouth by the end of the week. I HATE HFM. We've now been home the last 5 days trying to get our fever to go away and just feel better.

I did sneak off for a birthday party with Grey girl! Love these sweet friends!
Her hair!
We pulled out the sick onsies.
Grey got her first real Starbucks. Coffee free of course. And then spilled it everywhere about 5 seconds later. I knew I should've asked for no whip.
Hazel didn't smile for 2 whole days and it was the saddest thing ever. They also didn't eat anything for 3 days. My heart was breaking. But I did put on LipSense every day.
This girl finally smiled again!
 And they love each other. Sweet, sick girls.
And that's a wrap for August. I'm hoping September starts out better than August ended!
 photo sig_1.png

1 comments:

Kneppsnest said...

Always love the pics, they remind of what's to come with Harper;) I had mentioned in your last post but you may have not seen it. Totally random but would you be willing to sell Grey's costume from last year or the lamb costumes? I still love that idea and plan on doing it this year with my kiddos!! If not, would you possibly know where the pattern may have come from? I like the homemade costumes over the flashy ones. Thanks!