Pages

9.29.2016

Three Little Pretties Go to School | 2016...

...This title is a little misleading in that "school" is really daycare and in that I only took pictures of Grey's first day (she started a week early, before the new "babies" class opened). I guess I'm claiming the 2nd (and 3rd) child thing on this. I am really SO sad I didn't take a picture of the twins on their first day. But getting 3 out the door was a little crazy. I should take one now that we have a good routine going. Stay tuned...

We love the girl's school and they go on the days that I work. But I won't lie, it was a hard transition for me. Grey did great, but I had a HORRIBLE first impression on her first day and I almost turned around and picked her up. (I should insert here that I have probably have pretty high expectations coming from an educational and counseling background.) I'm glad I didn't because she loves it there and it's been a really good childcare situation for our family. The twins also love it and their teachers are so sweet. It's way superficial, but I really love the place because it's decorated so cute (think Joanna Gaines style daycare) and they have a coffee bar for the parents. The best part is non-superficial though, and that's that it's a Christian daycare. There are sweet bible verses all over and Grey comes home singing praise music. That makes my momma heart happy.

Anyway, I want to reiterate that I LOVE the place before I share my next few sentences. There have been a couple situations that have occurred there that have gotten me "worked-up" if you will. Really, they are super minor things, but things that bothered me big time. I realized that I was constantly complaining about them to my friend who also has children there. We recently had a sermon at church about anger and addressing it. I wouldn't say I was angry about anything, but they were things that I needed to be a little more assertive about, or really just confront what was bothering me with someone who could help solve it.  The first situation, I'm not sure my assertiveness did much, but that was probably because of who I spoke with. The second situation, my assertiveness resulted in some SUPER positive things. I hate the connotation that come with the word assertive, because I promise, I wasn't being a "B", but was really just honest with some facts and my feelings in a super kind way. It was good for me to just confront the issue instead of being passive and just whining about it, something that is more comfortable for me. I hate confronting things that I think might end up hurting relationships or worry that what I'm trying to say will come out wrong. Anyway, this is not my style at all,  so I was super proud of myself. And it was just a good lesson for myself that when you address a problem, good things can come from it. :)

Onto the good stuff, picutres!

This girls LOVES, LOVES, LOVES school. I think she mostly loves the friends part.  
She's a good listener and pretty much follows the rules. 
She's also my little follower, so I am constantly praying she finds wonderful, encouraging, good choice making friends!





Bye bye, sisters! They had a sitter for 2 weeks before they started!
The 3s class!

Love this sweet little face.
 photo sig_1.png

0 comments: