...We had such a wonderful Christmas! It started on Christmas Eve Eve with a brunch with the Catlins. Sadly, not a photo was taken...we were too busy fussing over 3 sweet babies and 2 silly toddlers! But we had the most delicious spread of casseroles, cinnamon rolls, baked oatmeal, juices, and BACON! MMMM....
Christmas Eve- My sister and Uncle Matt came over early to watch the twins so that we could go to church. I LOVE Christmas Eve candle light service and since the little ones cannot go to nursery yet, I was worried we would have to watch it on-line this year. I'm thankful to have that option, but more thankful we got to go! Grey joined us and did really well through the service. She took a snooze on her daddy for a good portion of it. She also said several times, "I all done!" (She wanted to go to her music class- which obviously was not in session that day). She also kept asking where baby Jesus was? We kept telling her that Jesus lives in our hearts, but she was searching everywhere for him, because come on now, it's HIS birthday so he has to be at the party, right!? We got home from service around 3:30, and my mom and Papa Bob arrived about 4. We all finished the final food items for the evening and at about 6, my aunt and uncle arrived from the airport. The Catlins stopped by later that evening and hung out with us for a bit. As always, Christmas Eve was spent in our new pjs, stuffing our faces, and playing games. We did set out cookies and milk for Santa this year!
Christmas day- We woke up at our usual times and Grey got to see what Santa brought her! Grey is a one gift kind of girl. She wants to immediately play with what she opens first and could care less about everything else. After our traditional breakfast casserole and lots of coffee, everyone started cleaning up for the day. Matt and Allison headed home, and Aunt Sue and Uncle Kev headed to Austin to see cousin Austin. My mom and Bob went with us to Jared's parents house. Everyone got some baby fill and then they brought the twins back home to get them to bed. (I don't like transitioning them after they're asleep b/c it takes a while for them to settle back in). We stayed and played some fierce games of Uno! Mal, John, and their kids were there, but Steph and Brandon were in Houston this year- as her twins will be here any day!
Gifts- We do something to read, something to wear, and something you need, from Jared and I. Santa brings stockings and something you want. I'm all about simplicity here, the less gifts the better. I also like that the girls get 3 gifts from us, symbolic of the 3 wise men's gifts.
So, Grey got a new book with fasteners (buttons, zippers, etc.) and then her wear and need were both clothes this year. She has no winter clothes that fit, so she got stocked up on long sleeve shirts and sweaters! Santa brought her a Critter Mansion! The little girls got a jean jacket to match the one passed down from Grey and then a book. Gigi and Papa Bob got them their need- high chairs! Other gifts from Aunts, Uncles, and Grandparents included: Critter furniture, a swing set, scarf/hat/mittens, new clothes, baby toys, bath toys, headbands, a first Barbie, a car, coloring books and crayons, and dress-up skirts.
Christmas was so fun! I love everything about Christmas and the season. Grey got so into everything this year, which made the holiday even more special. It's so important that we keep the focus of Christmas on CHRIST, and while I hope to dive more into the story of Christ's birth next year through Advent, my whole goal this year was that Grey knew what we were celebrating. If we said Christmas, she said, "Jesus' birthday!" It was her idea to have cake for him (too bad we burnt it, ha!). Honestly, that's all I cared about and I'm so glad she got that!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
























1 comments:
I just caught up on the girls and Christmas! I love the Christmas traditions! Ours almost mirror yours and I love making traditions and instilling Christ in our kids lives! Love you!!
Post a Comment