...I'm a little late on your 4 month post because I was waiting for your 4 month check-up to get all your accurate stats. We moved your appt. back due to Thanksgiving!
Let me just say that this has been my favorite month with you two so far! Getting a full night's sleep has done wonders for my mommy soul and I feel like maybe, just maybe, I might be able to rock this whole mom of 3 thing!
- You're 4 months! (11 weeks adjusted!)
- Wearing NB and 0-3 mo. clothes- but almost all NB were retired by the end of this month. Size 1 diapers.
- Schedule: Rise and shine at 7 to take medicine and eat! Then eating at 10, 1, 4 pretty consistently. Your wake times are about 45min-1 hr and then you sleep until you eat again. We do tummy time and other fun "play" usually involving watching your big sister! The evenings are a little more hit or miss, 4-7 is witching hour so you don't sleep much. We usually have you in the bouncer or swing at this time or do baths. You're both usually ready to eat btw. 6-7. Then it's down for the night, usually no later than 8. We dream feed at 10. You basically sleep 7-7!
- You took 4 ounces pretty consistently this month at each feed, except for the 10 pm- then it's 2-3 ounces. Mommy is still exclusively pumping for you. No lie, it's time consuming and exhausting and I really hate the sight of my pump. BUUUUUUT, I love you both too much and am soooooo happy to give you milk. Free milk, at that!
- We switched you from Nexium to Prevacid for your relfux, it has made a WORLD of difference! And it's about $200 cheaper- praise the lord!
- Both of your belly button hernias are GONE! You're ready for bikini season!
- Both of your stats are based on your adjusted age- your height and weight are still not on the charts for your actual age, but your heads are! You are right on track with big sister and have big ol' heads...which comes from your daddy!
- Scarlett- You are 22 inches long (8 %tile), 10 lbs 8 oz (12 %tile), and your head is 39.4 cm around (50 %tile, 13 %tile for actual age). You caught a stomach virus towards the end of the month and threw up for 24+ hours every time you ate. It was the saddest thing. You got dehydrated during this and we had to stop with breast milk and give you pedialyte for 8 hrs. Mommy also had the stomach virus, so it was pretty miserable...thankfully we didn't share it with anyone else. You are my more sound sleeper! You are earning the nickname sweet Scarlett, because you are just that. As sweet as sweet can be!
- Hazel- You are 22 inches long (8 %tile), 10 lbs 14 oz (15 %tile), and your head is 39.4 cm around (50 %tile, 13 %tile for actual age). You sleep a little lighter than sister, but are SO easy going. Your nickname is happy Hazel because you still continue to be the happiest baby. You smile and anything and nothing all day long. It simply melts my heart.
- You twin bond. Wow, it's hard to put into words. I knew being twins was something special, but actually getting to see it first hand is the coolest. You love sleeping right next to each other and always work your way towards one another. You sleep separate at night, but during naps when I'm watching you, I put you together. There have been a couple of times when you notice each other at the same time (usually one of you notices the other and smiles or talks, but it's not reciprocated), and on these times you will lock eyes and coo, talk, and smile at each other. It's like this special little spell is cast and no one else exists. It will be so neat to watch your relationship develop. I read this on another identical win blog the other day and I think it's a perfect description:
- "it blows my mind that, at one point, they were just one person. One tiny embryo. And it held so much personality and potential that it couldn't be just one person. So it split in two. And now, they get to grow up together, side-by-side and in each other's lives and arms and hearts. And, yeah, it kind of sounds like a Hallmark movie- but that's the kind of relationship most of us will never know. I am so excited to have a front row seat!"
- We are starting to get little giggles from you both! Mommy has a special little sound ("ch, ch, ch") that gets you smiling and giggling- it worked for big sister too!
- You're both able to roll over but it's a lot of work and you don't do it very often. We are working more and more on that- and on your neck strength!
- And oh, yea, that whole day light savings thing- didn't eve phase you! Praise the Lord!
The happiest (and blurriest) Hazel Pie!
Then sister joined!
(You found your hands this month!)
And some solo of our Little Lett!
Squishy faces brought to you by Hazel!
A glimpse into our day...I hope to do a day in the life post soon!
Guess who...?
My sweet chunky monkey!
Mommy and "Scarly" (as daddy like to call you!)
Sometimes you try to eat each others' body parts!
Sweet snuggles.
Oh how your sister ADORES you both...and you her!
Sick Scarlett.
Mommy snuggles for my sick one.
I don't think I put you down for a good 12 hours.
Swaddle problems.
Seriously. You just gravitate towards one another.

















































2 comments:
They are SO sweet!!!!!
So cute and so big! How has it been 4 months? Great for you for keeping up the pumping. I know it can be exhausting. I pumped 6-8 times a day plus nursed so my little guy had only my milk when I was at work, but like you said, it's so worth it in the end. :) Good job, Mama!
Post a Comment