Pages

12.10.2015

2 Years and Counting...+8 Months...

...All I can say about you right now is OH.WHAT.FUN!

  • Size 2T, size 5 diapers/pull-ups/and undies!
  • Potty trainING! FINALLY! Right before Thanksgiving, after some horrid two year old diapers, I decided enough was enough. Even though I might be crazy, we were going to try this thing again. I followed the 3 day method to a T last time, but I decided I was just going to be a little laid back, not load you up with fluids, no stickers or crazy treasure box...just some big girl panties, ice cream and chocolate chips! (We had been bribing you with ice cream for weeks hoping you'd just do it all on your own). After your nap one afternoon I told you we were getting rid of your diapers, we put on your panties that you picked out, and I reminded you to tell me if you had to tee tee or poop. Well, it took about 3 little accidents and then it clicked, and you are pretty much tee tee trained! You have had a few accidents when you are too focused on play, but I'd say 90% success at home! We still wear a pull up when out and when you go to school. You've gone tee tee at Target and are doing better at school. Now, about that poop. We've had 2 successes. And we celebrated big with ice cream. But, this is still a work in progress...sigh. I'm trying to be laid back because I know it will eventually click too. Overall, it's no 3 day method, and you're not fully 100% trained, but what progress! I'm SO, SO proud of you! You love being a big girl too!
  • Listening to you talk might be my favorite thing in life right now. Some favorites from this month: "What are YOU doing?", "What Grey do?", "I want beard hairs", "I got tears", "My eyes are sad", 
  • You love music and dancing still and constantly request "Home" songs. You like to do ballet, especially now that you've attending a ballet birthday party! Dance or gymnastics is likely in your future next fall. 
  • You love to sing. Twinkle Twinkle is your favorite and you sing it all the time and at all speeds.
  • Mommy and daddy divy up bed time duties right now...we used to both put you to bed...so on the nights you "pick me" I get to hold you tight and sing you a slew of songs. Sometimes you sing with me, other times you just let me hold you. These are precious, precious times for your mommy. 
  • You still LOVE school. Your teachers said you never get in trouble and that you are the social butterfly! 
  • You are still the best big sister ever, but have gotten a little rough lately and have had to be reprimanded.
  • You are working on your listening skills, not saying "no" so much, and not whining. All typical toddler things I'm sure. 
  • You are SO, SO, SOOOOO imaginative. You make really interesting and really great connections between things. It's pretty impressive! 
  • Lately you have jumped into the water to "get those ____ [sharks, mermaids, fish])." You jump from your trampoline into the pink water to get the pink shark by giving it two good punches and then you gobble it up. You also eat up the mermaids. Not sure why...
  • You told us a story the other day about how your pink spoon got under the couch. Apparently a pink monster lost it. Then he went to the grocery store and hid in the potty there. This was all on your own...SO FUNNY!
  • You obviously like the color pink, but when given the choice you usually choose purple. You also say you like blue a lot.
  • You have stopped saying the e in your name and now spell it GRY. You still recognize a few of your letters (G, R, E, Y, M, O, Z, S)and know/sing your ABCs.
  • You count to 4-5-6-8-11-13. Occasionally other numbers are thrown in in random order. 
  • We made the 4 hour trip to Gigi's house for Thanksgiving. We left around bedtime in hopes you would sleep. And you did for most of it. But sisters woke you up when they cried and then you wanted to hear Home songs. You LOVED playing at Gigi's and were especially fixated on all her buttons this time!
You went on a daddy date and saw your first movie, Peanuts. You loved it and sat through the whole thing!
We spent a Saturday going to Aunt Steph's shower for your twin cousins, Crawford and Callan who will be here in January! Aunt Allie joined us in the fun!
We made a stop at Blue Goose for a late lunch before heading to Isabella's ballet party!

You snuck in a 10 minute nap too!
And, oh my goodness, little girls in leotards. My heart about melted a 1,000 times over. I totally see why parents put littles in dance and gymnastics, because it is seriously the cutest!
Sweet friends.
You don't listen to me all the time, but you sure are attentive to your teachers (PTL!)!

Seriously. Swoon.

Hugging the birthday girl, "A-bella"
After getting you from school I looked back to see you with your treasure box sucker, holding your sisters' hands. More swooning.
For the first time ever, mommy left her babies with a babysitter that wasn't family (seriously, first time ever) so she could come to your Thanksgiving feast at MDO. Such sweetness.
You were thankful for Mommy, Daddy, and baby sisters.
You ate a roll and a brownie. So dang picky. And so, so cute.
You and one of your teachers, Miss Gayle.

Mommy snuggles
About to play outside at Gigis...this is not a great picture...
You loved this yellow blanket at Gigi's house.
Helping "make something" (apple pie in this case)

Sister snuggles with Hazel.

You and daddy went and picked out our Christmas tree and you got your own!
You refused to look at me and smile.
Festive toe nails!

Photobucket

0 comments: