...32 weeks...
Appointment Updates:
Monday/MFM: BPP (Biophysical Profiles) for both babes looked great. My blood pressure was really high when I arrived, and they wanted to check it again before I left. I was praying it wasn't the start of preeclampsia. The perinatalogist said I'd be heading for a hospital stay if it wasn't lower before I left. Thankfully, I think it was just due to traffic and it was much lower when I left. Cervix is still looking strong and long!
Wednesday/OB: Holding steady until our appt. on Monday when we'll have growth scan at the mfm. My BP is high for me (126/something?)- but nothing worrisome. I found out my doctor is actually leaving tomorrow and won't be back for TEN days. So here's to hoping nothing exciting happens for a couple of weeks. I will see another dr. in the practice next week and have a BPP there.
How far along? 32 weeks (July 16th)
How big is the baby? TWO squashes (per thebump.com).
Maternity Clothes:
YES. I'm most comfortable in maxi dresses and skirts or yoga pants.
Sleep: Status Quo: I'm tired and I tire easily. I haven't
been sleeping all that great between switching sides to alleviate hip
pain, going to the bathroom! I'm taking naps most days when Grey goes down for hers.
Movement: Lots more this week, which is reassuring. Babies are breech and transverse, so most big movements/kicks are very low or to my right side.
Food cravings: Cherry Garcia ice cream. Which my husband brought home for me on Monday night! :)
Food aversions: Still Chicken (mostly breasts, I can do some chicken if it's shredded).
Gender: ... ? ... 4 weeks to go...
Symptoms:
New/worsening symptoms: BREATHLESS! Bending over sometimes makes me
stop to take a minute and take deeps breaths. Serious tingling in my hands this week- numb fingertips...which the nurse said is a pregnancy induced carpal tunnel. Awesome. I think I will have to go get wrist wraps/guards if it continues. Status quo for the most part: major
congestion and nosebleeds continue, exhaustion, swollen fingers (this is
better this week as I'm drinking more water)...
What do I miss: Being able to cuddle with Grey at night in her chair. I can only sit there so long because I lose my breath or get uncomfortable. And she wants to be held. I'm also missing sleeping on my stomach and back. STILL wanting a vanilla diet coke...
Best moment of the week: Finding out my SIL is having twins!!! They are due in February and I couldn't be ore thrilled to have not only another niece/nephew, but TWO!...AND a partner to go through twin mommyhood with! And of course, more good dr. visits and seeing the babies.
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting our babies...I'm trying so hard to enjoy these last weeks/days of pregnancy, because I know they're my last and I truly am one of those weirdos that LOVES being pregnant- even all the oddities and uncomfortable moments that accompany it. But I am anxious to see our babies face to face and know they're okay. We of course want them to stay in there as long as possible.
Milestones: 32 WEEKS! This is a huge milestone. My doctor said around week 23 that we would celebrate if we made it this far, and anything after that was icing on the cake. I'll take a minute to be corny here and say, keep piling on that icing!
Prayer for babies: Lord, One thing we have learned from this pregnancy is that you are the only constant. Each appointment brings a bit of anxiety, but we are so thankful you are never changing and we can trust in you and your goodness. Our prayer and request is to keep this babies in until 36 weeks, but we ultimately ask that you bring them into the world at the perfect time- as you know what is best for them, for us, for our family!









3 comments:
You look so, so great! And yaaaaay for making it this far, babies, stay in there! Xo
How fun will that be to have two sets of twins in the family so close in age!!! I'm so happy you and babies are doing great! I think I would be one that would love being pregnant, enjoy these last few weeks:)
You look awesome. Hang in there momma!!!
Post a Comment