Pages

7.12.2015

Bumpdate 2.0...Week 31...

...31 weeks...

Appointment Updates:
Monday/MFM: We are doing biophysical profiles at my next few appointments, until we can get another accurate growth scan (growth scans are not accurate when done too closely together, so I think every 2 weeks is the closest they will do them). So, we are looking at both babies' heart rates,  cord doppler readings, fluid levels, breathing, and movements. As long as all these things look good, we will go on until the next appointment. My perinatologist was very pleased with how the babies looked at this appointment! So other than their size from last week, we are thanking God that everything looks great and we can keep them growing in utero for now! 
Thursday/OB: The babies' biophysical profiles looked great again...so onward we go until next week's appointments! My cervix was still long (4 cm) and closed. Apparently I have an impressive cervix! :) My OB does not think the babies are actually as small as they measured at the mfm last week- and he explained different sono machines and algorithms...He agrees they are small and wants both sets of eyes watching them, but isn't quite as concerned about sizes as the perinatologist. So that was nice to hear. We are waiting to do the steroid shot, as it is most effective 7 days before delivery and a 2nd steroid shot isn't as effective as the first. He doesn't foresee delivery in the next 7 days, and thankfully, I don't feel anywhere close to delivering. That could change in a day, but for now, everything seems to be okay. My OB leaves next week for 5 days, so he wants me to take it extra easy for the next 10 days before he gets back...and I'm praying these babies don't come while he is away!

How far along? 31 weeks (July 8th)
How big is the baby? TWO pineapples (per thebump.com).
Maternity Clothes:  YES. I'm most comfortable in maxi dresses and skirts or yoga pants.
Sleep: Status Quo: I'm tired and I tire easily. I haven't been sleeping all that great between switching sides to alleviate hip pain, going to the bathroom, and experiencing insomnia! I'm taking naps most days when Grey goes down for hers.
Movement: Lots more this week, which is reassuring. Babies are breech and transverse, so most big movements/kicks are very low.
Food cravings: No real cravings this week, nothing sounds that great. Trying to force myself to get as much protein as possible- but carbs sound the best.
Food aversions:   Still Chicken (mostly breasts, I can do some chicken if it's shredded).
Gender: ... ? ... 5 weeks to go...
Symptoms:  New/worsening symptoms: BREATHLESS! Bending over sometimes makes me stop to take a minute and take deeps breaths. I'm also experiencing my hands falling asleep at night...but status quo for the most part: major congestion and nosebleeds continue, exhaustion, swollen fingers (this is better this week as I'm drinking more water)...
What do I miss: STILL wanting a vanilla diet coke...
Best moment of the week: Seeing our babies twice, and seeing that they are both looking good in utero. I love them so much. The sonographer at our OB's office printed Grey a picture of the babies and Grey kept showing "the babies" to her bunny (lovey). It was presh! (Side note- Sweet Grey thinks anytime we go bye-bye now, we are going to the doctor. She knows Dr. Burt by name!)
What I'm looking forward to: I do not want these babies to come yet, but I am getting anxious to meet them, hold them, see what they look like, and just have them here safe in our arms.
Milestones: Another week! Last week was overwhelming and a tad frightening, we are so thankful for another week in utero- developing and growing! They're going through major brain and nerve development and all 5 senses are in working order! (Per thebump.com)
Prayer for babies: Lord, We PRAISE you for a week of good appointments and for two healthy looking babies. We do not take for granted a day that they are safe inside me, growing and developing. We pray for another 5 weeks, but ultimately turn over their birth day to you- on a day that is healthiest and best for them. We want them here safe and thriving! Thank you for these two little lives. Help us on days we feel overwhelmed or out of control- let us remember YOU are in control and hold these little ones in your hands. Amen.

Baby B

A and B's profiles

Pajama pants are totally appropriate attire for my weekly photos, right!?
 The past few weeks...
 Bumpin' out with the twins.
 Photobucket

1 comments:

Our Journey Through This Lovely Life said...

LOVE this update!! Happy 31 weeks!! Your seriously the cutest pregnant woman ever!! :)