...30 weeks...
Appointment Update: We had our weekly OB appointment at exactly 30 weeks. The OB was concerned about the cord doppler reading for baby B and immediately wanted me to go to see the perinatalogist. When we got there, the doppler readings for both babies looked fine, but they did a full growth scan too. The babies had been measuring small or "petite" for the past month or so, but according to this sono they are now 2 lbs 10 ounces and 2 lbs 6 ounces (4th and <3rd 10th="" 28="" 3="" and="" anything="" around="" as="" below="" but="" categorized="" class="st" concerning="" is="" iugr="" measuring="" officially="" or="" percentile="" span="" the="" under="" weeks="">Intrauterine growth restriction). Basically, because our twins are sharing a placenta, my placenta is unable to keep up with all the nutrients they both require. You can Google IUGR, but it's kind of scary, I had to force myself to step away from the computer. The plan going forward is to monitor the babies twice a week- Mondays with the mfm dr. and Thursdays with my OB. We will watch them very closely and from what I understand the moment they show they are not growing or have a bad cord doppler reading, we will deliver. This could be next week, or it could be weeks from now. We pray and plea for the latter, but truly just want to get these 2 here safely and alive. On a positive note, babies' look great- heartbeats, fluid levels, no signs of TTTS, organs and body parts, cord dopplers...they showed off their breathing practice for us too. These are all good things to celebrate in the midst of a scary situation. AND, I was solo at these doctor appointments with Grey. Bless my sweet toddler- so did so well and didn't complain, whine, cry, or fuss. I am so thankful I remembered my iPad and snacks and she found paper to shred up and put in the trash as entertainment. We spent a total of 5 hours between car rides, two hospitals, waiting rooms, 2 sonographers and 2 doctors- DURING NAP TIME, whew! 3rd>
How far along? 30 weeks (July 1st)
How big is the baby? TWO cucumbers (per thebump.com). My bump is now the size of a singleton mom's full term bump! Yikes!
Maternity Clothes:
YES. And some shorts are getting too short for this bump!
Sleep: I'm tired and I tire easily. I haven't
been sleeping all that great between switching sides to alleviate hip
pain, going to the bathroom, and experiencing insomnia!
Movement: Less jabs, but lots of rolls...
Food cravings: No real cravings this week, nothing sounds that great.
Food aversions: Still Chicken (mostly breasts, I can do some chicken if it's shredded).
Gender: ... ? ... 6 weeks to go...
Symptoms:
Status Quo: Major congestion and nosebleeds continue, along with the
return of 1st
trimester exhaustion!...less insomnia this
week! My fingers are still swollen, but the severity depends on the humidity- wearing my Grandma's wedding ring in place of my own.
What do I miss: STILL wanting a vanilla diet coke...
Best moment of the week: My friends threw us a surprise shower! It was so special and so sweet! I really did not want anything done this pregnancy. I feel like having these sweet little blessings is more than enough, but looking at all the diaper, wipes, and gift cards, I am very grateful because I know we'll use them all! Also, seeing the babies- always a highlight!
What I'm looking forward to: We are working on that to-do list and getting lots marked off- my mom was in town for the shower and I feel like we accomplished quite a bit! Still lots more to go!
Milestones: We made it to the 30s!!!! Every week I can keep these babies in is such a HUGE celebration!! They're now strong enough to grasp, their skin is getting smoother, and their brains more wrinkly! (Per thebump.com)
Prayer for babies: Lord, This week's appointment did not go the way I wanted. It is scary- and the uncertainties and what if's are invading my thoughts. Help us to look to you to your truths and promises and hold your words in our hearts. We know you are perfectly forming every part of these babies. We know you only have plans to work for our good, to prosper and not harm us. We know you are the same God yesterday, today, and tomorrow. We know we are not alone and that you offer peace beyond understanding. We continue to ask for optimal health and development for these two little ones, specifically asking that they would do some serious growing in the coming weeks. We want them here safely, and pray you will help us and the doctors to know when that perfect timing is. We know you have already wrote this story- Praise you for that! Amen.
No baby pictures this week- they were both in bad positions to see their faces!







1 comments:
Praying your babies stay in there as long as possible!! Your baby bump is adorable!
Post a Comment