...I wish I could just record/video about 70% of our day. It's impossible to remember and share every cute thing you do! You continue to be equal parts silly and sweet- still with quite a bit of sass thrown in for good measure.
Here are your highlights and pictures from this past month...
- Size 18 month clothing fits best (But ranging from size 9 month shorts to some 2Ts), size 4 diaper, 24 lbs (we went to the dr. to have an insect bite looked at...paranoid mommy appt- I thought it was a tick bite/lyme disease!)
- Potty Training: Our big event this month was potty training. We gave it our all and did it for 4 full days. It was the longest, most frustrating 4 days of my mommy career. We are back in diapers for now and we are both much happier. I really thought you would just rock it, b/c the night before we started, you went straight to the new potty you picked out, sat on it, and pooped!!! Apparently you were just teasing us. I will say I am so proud of the things you learned in the 4 days though. You now know the sensation of teetee and poop and you can tell us when you go. You've sat on the potty 3 times since, but haven't done anything. Ultimately, you hated teetee-ing on yourself and were scared to death to release anything on the toilet- and just weren't ready. We'll try again later!
- You make funny, exaggerating gulping noises when you drink now.
- You love to go bye-bye! Shopping, doctor, church, wherever.
- When you see Starbucks you immediately say, "milk"! (Same for grocery store- which you add AND "cookie" to that milk!
- We kept you up to see "siworks" (fireworks) this year and I'm so glad we did! You LOVED them! You ooohed and aaaahed! It was so sweet and I definitely teared up watching you experience a first! About 15 minutes in, you were tired and said "bye-bye", so we beat the crowd out and left. Your favorite part was probably playing in the back of daddy's truck. You spent the next few days retelling that evening: "Papa and Chacha, sireworks, daddy back truck".
- Your schedule is a little sloppy right now. We are trying to find our new routine now that mommy doesn't have to leave the house at 6:45. Bedtime is usually around 7:30/8 and you're waking about that time too. Still taking a 3 hour rest/nap time, usually around 12:30/1- 3/4.
We started summer trying out your new pool! Fun, fun in the sun!
New shirt from daddy!
We've been swimming in Chacha and Papa's pool!
We watched baby Calvin the other day!
Doing our hair...yikes!
Bedtime yoga
Cupcakes are serious business!
All the littles at sweet Wyatt's FOURTH birthday!
The best way to get through a shopping trip is with snacks...
My heart...
Buggies!
It's hard to keep that finger in your mouth once your out!
Baby Tripp's Sip'n'See...you are going to be such a great big sister!
Trying on goggles, like your cousins.
You loved playing in all of mommy's bathroom cabinets...and I let you make messes so I can get ready!
Oh man, time outs...
You LOVE Little Critters...
Sometimes you just gotta swim naked!
You picked out this car for baby Silas...
Amazon subscribe and save monthly shipments provide hours of entertainment with their big boxes!
Daddy has been waiting for years to have someone to take to Chuck E. Cheeses...his dream finally came true. Your favorite part was playing Fast and Furious racing game (daddy had to hod the pedal while you steered).
When your pool is deflated...
You are quite independent and like to play by yourself sometimes...even telling me to "Go mommy!"...I snuck in your room to check on you and you were reading to your baby and stuffed animal.
A few 4th pictures...



























































0 comments:
Post a Comment