Pages

1.09.2014

Nine Months...

...
Dear Little Grey the Great,

Nine months just sounds so old to me. Everyday I am seeing more and more of the little girl you're becoming, and less of the little baby who needs her mommy and daddy for everything. You are transforming into a little girl in front of our very eyes, and it's going by way too fast. I am trying to just soak up every single day I have with you. You will not be little for long. It's so bittersweet. I love watching you grow and learn, but I miss the days of my little cuddle bug who would nap in my arms. What changes a mere 9 months brings! It's an amazing miracle to watch you grow and develop.

Grey, you are SO fun to play with! You seem to learn a new skill every day and are showing us all kinds of neat tricks. You're crawling all over the place, pulling up, standing and moving from one thing to another. I know it won't be long now until you are walking all around! You already think you can stand with out holding on to things (you can't). You understand the word no and give us "the look" when we say it to you. You are eating more solids and have tried all kinds of new things this month (thanks to Aunt Min!). You are still more than content just nursing and having your bottles though. We love to listen to you babble. You make all kinds of sounds, but our favorite is ma-ma and da-da. You're trying to say uh-oh, but it sounds more like a grunting uh-uh. You love blowing bubbles at us and making "farting" noises (that's what daddy calls them anyway). You bang all your toys around and examine every little think so carefully, usually using your tiny little pointer finger. You seem to have a fascination with holes. You stick your little finger in any hole you see (yes, that includes noses).

You're still just a tiny little peanut and even though the doctor isn't worried, we're doing a weight check in 6 weeks... So, mommy is working on fattening you up! You had your first major illness this month- RSV. With it came your first fever. I thought snot was the worst, but I think having a fever is. It scared mommy and daddy and made us so very sad for you!

There are a couple of consistencies in your schedule: 1. You go to bed around 6. 2. You wake up between 6:30 and 7:30.  Other than that you take 2-3 naps a day, the length varies from 30 min. (not a real nap) to 1 1/2 hours. You nurse or get a bottle 5 times a day and we usually have solids 3-4 times. You eat every 2 1/2-3 hours. Your days vary, and I wish you were on more of a predictable schedule as far as pinpointing times, but I can't complain because I can easily tell what you need (sleep, food, play, etc.). We just go with the flow each day!

I love to think of all the wonderful things God has in store for you. Did you know that he has already written every day of your life? He knows every smile and every tear you will cry. Always trust in him and his plans for you. He loves you more than you can even imagine.We love you more than you will ever know, Grey girl.

XOXO-
Mommy and Daddy


 If I had to sum up this month's photo-sesh, I would say, "bored to tears." I guess at 9 months, you're just getting too cool...
Photobucket

3 comments:

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

Nine months. Goodness, that does seem old! GOES SO FAST. Bittersweet for sure. Savanna has the same pink polka dot headband. Gotta love Target;)

Elizabeth said...

Oh wow! I can't believe she is already 9 months! Pretty soon you are going to be celebrating with her birthday party! She is still as cute as a button!

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

I love your beautiful letter and photos. Great update!