Pages

1.03.2014

2014...


...I'm not big into New Year's Resolutions. I have never really made any. I think it's because I set goals for myself all year long and am always working on improving or trying something new! However, this year I felt compelled to set a goal. Which is to be intentional. Since I'm a teacher and a counselor though, having a goal isn't enough. I had to make my goal detailed and measurable...So, I decided that this year I want to intentional about:

  • My relationship with God BY committing to quiet times and a bible study. I haven't had a good devotional or bible study I've really gotten into in a while and so my quiet times are a little scattered. I struggle with just sitting down and reading the bible at this time in my life, so I am hoping a more structured quiet time will keep me on track.
  • My marriage BY listening more. I am bad about putting things down or doing other things while "listening" to Jared. I want him to know I care and value what he has to say by SHOWING him through my actions. Which means when he tells me a story or wants to show me this "cool" thing he read, saw on tv, etc., then I will give him my undivided attention, rather than nod my head, and half listen/watch. I know this means a lot to Jared and he means the world to me. It's such a small thing that I think will make a big difference!
  • My time with Grey BY putting away my cellphone. Lately, I have noticed that I am often on my cellphone (texting, reading e-mails, working, checking the weather, FB, Instagram) when I'm playing with her. Right now she goes to bed early, which means I only have a couple hours to spend with her when I get home from work. I want her to have my undivided attention. So, that means my cellphone will now be put up from the time I get home on the weekdays until she is in bed. Phone calls, texts, and anything else I'm doing on my phone can wait, but Grey is my sweet baby girl, and babies don't keep. : )
  • The way I spend my time BY limiting my time on my laptop. In the evenings and weekends I tend to get lost in cyberspace. So dorky, I know. But really, I will sit down to just reply to an email or type a blog post and I end up reading the news, looking at blogs and Facebook, shopping on-line, pinning, recipe searching, researching natural PCOS treatments, researching diets...you get the point. I have complained that I don't have time for things like reading and working out right now, and that's because I sit on my computer instead. SO, I have decided to limit my computer time to one hour on the weeknights and 2 hours on the weekend. 
 
So there you have it, my very first New Year's Resolution. I'm excited about living intentionally and seeing what God does in my life in 2014. 
Photobucket

1 comments:

Ashley said...

I love this! I had seen on the Today Show about choosing a word that you want to focus on that year! Kinda what you did:) I liked "present". Like being in the present moment......with our adoption "wait" I find myself thinking about the future more so.