Pages

3.26.2012

Weekend Recap...

...It was a BEAUTIFUL weekend in Texas. I survived work on Friday after 2 hours of sleep. The Hunger Games was totally worth it. I sucked it up without a nap and had sushi with a dear friend that night. I'm never one to turn down sushi. : )

Every Saturday morning we do breakfast at a local diner with friends from our church group. I had blueberry pancakes this week. Yum. Afterwards, I had to go to an event for school for about an hour and then I laid in the sun. It was so nice out, I figured I should start working on my tan! Saturday night I went as the 5th wheel with 2 other couples to downtown McKinney (Jared was out of town). The downtown square area is filled with lots of shopping and restaurants. We got there a little late, so there wasn't a whole lot left open. We walked around for a while and enjoyed some yummy Italian dinner and headed back home. I can't wait to go back when I can do some clothes shopping because there are lots of cute clothing boutiques. I'm particularly excited to hit up Bloom. The owner of this little shop, Kendi, has the cutest blog! Other weekend highlights included a trip to Barnes and Noble and Ulta, church, a Mexican patio lunch, and a Sunday nap.

 On the way to McKinney, we stopped in Allen at Waters Creek to go to Oil & Vinegar. This place is so awesome. It has tons of different types of oils and vinegars (obviously). I ended up getting a vinegar called IPG and a garlic chardonnay oil. I am looking forward to sauteing some veggies in the oil!
 In McKinney, we stopped in this cute little candy and toy store. I found my childhood favorite, candy sticks! I know that is probably not the technical name for the sweets, but that's what I call them. I bought several yummy flavors, including roasted marshmallow, which I can't wait to try. We also all tried a fun Jelly Belly soda. The blueberry and pear were the best!
 We also wandered into this wonderful salsa shop. There were hundreds of salsas, jellies, butters, sauces, etc. all made in the great state of Texas. You could sample every kind! I took home a jar of roasted pepper salsa and a jar of praline pecan honey butter. Ohmystars- they're both wonderful! 
Fun Fact: American Idol contestant, Hollie Cavanagh, worked there before she made it to Hollywood! : )

Photobucket

0 comments: