...Today it's cold, icy, and snowy. While I am impatiently awaiting summer, I am trying to do my best to enjoy this day inside. I have white chicken chili on the stove (I am forever indebted to you Kelly Widener), a never ending cup of coffee, a blanket, and 2 personal space heaters known as Hansel the Boston Terror Terrier and Nala the Chihuahua. While all these things add to the whatever greatness can come from a snow day, they do not constitute as "The Snow Day Necessity". If you are stuck inside and your lips turn blue by just looking out the window, then you should be curled up with a good book. I am currently reading Ken Follett's Fall of Giants. It's a pretty good World War I book, though probably not my favorite.
What are my favorite books you wonder? Well, let me first say that it is really hard to choose a favorite book(s). I LOVE books and I LOVE reading...anything. I used to read the back of the cereal box because I wasn't allowed to bring my books to the kitchen table. I also wasn't allowed to sing at the kitchen table, or leave without being formally excused...but I digress.
I'm off to finish my latest book (my Kindle shows I have 11% more to go!), so I can move on to the next! If you're having a snow day...enjoy!











2 comments:
You are so welcome!! It is the best staple for a cold day!...I'm going to have to borrow the new Ken Follett book! You know you're meant to be best friends when you could copy/paste your friends blog and put it in your own and nobody would know! For a sec. I had to make sure I was reading your blog and not my own. :) You're a girl after my heart James!
Love reading about your fav books! Sadly, I haven't opened my Kindle and shame on me for not doing so!! I need to read books and your list will give me a great start.
Post a Comment