Pages

10.21.2008

The Hardest Command in the Bible...

Tonight, Jared and I went to dinner with his dad. We didn't talk about anything special or too exciting, but something really stuck out to me about our conversation. My father-in-law said that sometimes the hardest bible verse to follow is the one that tells us to mourn when others are mourning, rejoice when others rejoice....(I apologize that I don't know the exact verse...if you know it please enlighten me!:))...but anyways, this comment got me to thinking about how that really seems true. Lately a lot of people close to me have been making decisions that I strongly disagree with. Decisions, that to me, seem like dumb choices that anyone with common sense would be against. However, these people are thrilled with what they've chosen and appear to be happy. Well, who am I to judge that their choice is right or wrong?...I am sure they wonder about some of my own choices too. Anyway, I am going to work harder on rejoicing with those who are happy, whether I agree or not because that's what my Lord asks of me. So, thanks Mark for getting me to look at myself and give that verse some thought.

0 comments: