...I'm not going to lie, I'm getting a little teary eyed writing this post. It's just hard to believe how quickly time is going. You are THISCLOSE to being one. ONE!!! You're both getting so big and every day you surprise me with something new. I love this age and how quickly you are learning and developing. It makes my momma heart happy to see you so healthy and thriving.
So, let's see what you've been up to!
- Adjusted age: 9 1/2 Months
- Size 2 diapers, 3-6 Month clothes, I estimate you to both be close to 16 pounds.
- Schedule:
- 6:30- You've been waking around this time. Not ideal, since you were sleeping until 7/7:15. I'm working on adjusting your naps a little to hopefully get you sleeping until 7 again.
- 7- Bottle time! I don't get you out of bed until 7 unless you are just throwing a fit up there. Most days you both just play in your crib, talk to each other until I get you.
- 8- Solids
- 9/9:30- Nap
- 10:30/11- Bottle
- 12- Solids
- 2/2:30- Nap
- 3:30/4- Bottle
- 5- Solids
- 6/6:30- Bottle
- 6:30/7- Bed
- My goal for next month is to get your naps adjusted and have bed time be at 7, 7:30. I also am ready to get you taking milk from a sippy cup and combine your "bottle"/solid feeds into one time.
- Eating: You are eating 2-3 pouches of baby food and starting "real solids" 3x/day. You are eating banana, avocado, chicken, sweet potato, cheese, puffs, peas, blueberries, yogi bites. I make you 4 6 oz. bottles/day, but you don't usually finish all of it. So, I would say you probably total anywhere from 20-24 ounces of milk a day.
- I AM WEANING!!!! (This is more exciting for me, than you two!) I think I started weaning a little too fast and ended up with mastitis. UGH. But, I'm on the mend and am currently down to 3 pumps a day at 20 minutes each. I can't believe I once pumped 8 times a day... I'm hoping to be done with the pump, FOREVER, around your 1st birthday.
- You're both just as happy and easy as ever! You are so similar and so different and we love watching your personalities develop and take shape! You both are holding your own bottles (although, Hazel, you prefer to have someone hold yours still). You can both clap, but Scarlett, you LOVE to clap all the time, and Hazel prefers to "pat pat". When someone coughs, you will both fake cough too. Hazel you think this is hilarious! You also notice when I'm eating and will make chomping motions with your mouths at me.
- You are both getting so sturdy and can sit, stand, get up, get down, walk along side of things (couch, fireplace, baskets, etc.)
- You both are hating diaper and clothes changes (anything requiring you to be still). You also get mad when someone takes a toy from you, you can't get a toy, you are told no or moved away from something you want. You are both persistent, a little defiant, and BRAVE. You are climbers and explorers...and have one too many bruises for my taste. Keeping you from bumping your head seems to be my biggest challenge right now!
- Scarlett: Let's see...you are getting your top two teeth! I thought you were going to be my best sleeper, but you have taken a turn and are the first one to wake up most times. The problem with this is that once you're awake you just stand up and after about 5 minutes start babbling, and then eventually crying, and then scream. This occasionally wakes your sister. You are still my talker. You babble all the time and have said, "dada", "mama", and "ba" (ball). These are pretty infrequent still. You cry every time we lay you down, no matter what. Just like your big sister, that's how you put yourself to sleep.
- Hazel: You are your daddy. You love attention, you are constantly smiling and laughing. You will laugh at yourself and then make sure we are laughing with you. You require more stimulation that your sister. You love to be thrown in the air. And you have attitude! You get so mad when things don't go your way. You KICK like crazy during diaper changes (I need to get this on video). You still occasionally spit your food out when you don't want to eat and if we tell you no (for anything) you just keep right on doing it. Oh my. You also have fallen in LOVE with your paci. I should've taken them out of your beds since neither of you had shown any interest in them (or your thumbs), but I kind of like it because you no longer cry when I put you down for sleep, you just put your paci in and go to sleep.
Getting you to smile or sit still for pictures is near impossible!





0 comments:
Post a Comment