Pages

6.23.2016

Date Night with my Mini...

...I watch the news and Good Morning America every morning. Last week, while feeding the twins and catching up on my daily current events, a commercial came on advertising that Beauty and the Beast musical was coming to town for one week. I had wanted to take Grey to The Little Mermaid back in April, but the dates didn't work. So, I quickly check with Jared's work/travel schedule and we decided that this would be a perfect mommy daughter date night. I also knew that I had to invite my BFF, Steph, and her mini, Isabella (both of our girls have their mommas' personalities!). The stars aligned and we could all make the same date work. Hip-hip-hooray!

Grey talked about Belle and Isabella for the entire week leading up to our date night. She was SO excited!

Ready for our date!
 Grey was also taking a selfie with her phone.
 First stop, a quality meal of chicken McNuggets and french fries. (Her choice.) And a little playground action.
Grey got to wear her special ring!
 Oh my goodness, these two were so, SO precious. They held hands the ENTIRE time, skipped and giggled...sweet girls.
 I'm not entirely sure why they had a lego Cinderella and no Belle?...

 Love this picture. 
When you're in high school you and your BFF talk about getting married, having kids, and living next door to each other. We don't live next door, or even in the same town, but having little girls 6 months apart is so fun!
 My precious date.
 It's showtime!
These two did so well! There were a few scary parts for Grey, but overall she loved it...especially the singing.
Side Note:
We went to the Winspear in Dallas and it was a GREAT experience. Especially the valet. I was worried we might have to wait for a while to get our car, but they have a great system and our car was ready and waiting on us by the time we went down the two escalators to the parking garage. It could not have been an easier, more streamlined process (especially with a tired toddler!)
 photo sig_1.png

2 comments:

Stephanie McDonald said...

It was a PERFECT evening! The girls were too adorable! Love, love!

The Heart Of A Woman said...

They are precious!!! We may be going to beauty and the beast in Shreveport. We went to the little mermaid and it was awesome!