...I asked Grey a couple months ago how she wanted to celebrate her birthday. She has really gotten into birthdays over the last 6 months and knows that any birthday party we go that she gets to eat cake. So, she of course said she wanted cake! I asked her what kind and she said white. With heart sprinkles. "LOTS OF 'DEM". And candles. Lots of them too.
And from there, her "Sweetheart" party was born. I had thought about several other options- going to a place for a tea party, or trampoline jumping, etc., but we ended up deciding to just have her friends over to our house. We rented a bounce house and had a cake and lots of fun decorations (my favorite thing!).
As it turns out, Grey doesn't like bounce houses. They're too loud. Thankfully, her friends enjoyed them though. And maybe her mommy too.
It was a great little celebration and the weather was truly just perfect for everyone to be outside!
Grey had fun with all her friends, but I will definitely be doing something smaller for her for future birthdays. It seems I am raising an introvert. She was a little overwhelmed and stayed inside by herself for the first 40 minutes playing with heart confetti. It was precious, because that is just who she is. And I think she's pretty perfect. And she's exactly like her mommy, so I totally get it.
We are so thankful for all who came to celebrate Grey. She is surrounded by some pretty amazing family and friends who love her so. We are beyond blessed to have these people in our lives.
























2 comments:
Such an adorable party as always! Loved watching our sweet girls play:)
I love her party idea and of course the decorations:) It makes it even more special when they help choose what they want!
Post a Comment