...
Grey,
I simply cannot believe I am writing your 3 year post (albeit a week late). Our lives were changed forever 3 years ago and our hearts have never been the same. Watching you grow is our greatest joy. This past year has flown by. You grow into more of a little girl and less of a toddler every day. It breaks my heart a little and also makes it swell with pride to see you develop into the girl God has created you to be. You are truly the sweetest, most kindhearted little girl. You love your sisters, friends, and family. And you love BIG. We can't wait to see what big things you do in this next year!
XOXO-
Mommy and Daddy.
I plan to continue with your updates, but on a quarterly basis, rather than monthly.
- 27 lbs, 23rd percentile for weight, 7th percentile for height, 61st percentile for BMI
- 2T Clothes, Size 5 diapers/pull-ups
- Potty training update: So, after some tee-tee regression and no poop progress, you spent the last month in diapers to give everyone a breather. I had been telling you that you would be wearing panties again after you turned three and that you would no longer poop in your pants or diaper. Since this post is a week late, we have a week of potty training (round 3) under our belts. It is truly the battle of wills with poop. Tee-tee, you got, but you will randomly not have it. You can take hour long car rides, go to school, run errands and be perfectly fine. And then you will sit on the couch and just tee tee everywhere. Lordy. Poop...I swear, if your sisters are this hard to poop-train, I just throw in the towel now and you can all wear diapers to college. Good luck making friends and getting married. I kid. Kind of. I am happy to report that you have pooped in the potty 3 times over the last week. Once when you weren't wearing any pants and I think you just couldn't hold it. Once when we forced you to stay on the potty until you went (2 hours later...we KNEW you had to go- your toots gave you away). And once when I made you go to bed without your books. You will sometimes "try" to go poop, and other times, flat out tell us you will not. I honestly have NO clue what else to do or try. I know, I know, they all say you'll do it when you're ready. And while I know this, I'm sort of losing my mind waiting.
- Schedule: You have pretty much dropped your nap. You may nap every 4-5 days at home and will fall asleep in the car for short periods of time. With no nap, we aim to have you in bed by 7 each night. You usually take an hour or so to settle in and go to sleep. You wake between 7-8. Although, you have woken up at 6:30 a couple times over the last two weeks. You also have slept until almost 9 a couple times too.
- You are definitely 3. Your moods range from happy and silly to defiant and sassy. We never know how you're going to wake-up or how long your good or bad mood may last. You're about 90% pleasant, fabulous, and the sweetest girl ever, and then 10% of the time, you're quite maddening!
- Language:
- Thank you! You're so good about saying this. You're very into who bought you something ("Who bought dis for me?"), and whether they are around or not, you say, "Oh, thank YOU, (Gigi, ChaCha, Mommy)". My favorite thing is when you notice that I've washed something of yours and you tell me, "You cleaned this for me? Oh, thank you, Mommy!" Keep that up and I will do your laundry forever.
- Well, Miss Sass pants, I asked you if the babies were sleeping in the car the other day and you said no. I asked again about 5 minutes later and you replied, "Nooooo. Oh my gosh!" I had to laugh.
- You refuse to speak in contractions. Everything is cannot, will not, do not. Even if we say can't, you will repeat it with cannot. It's super cute.
- You have really picked up on emotions and feelings lately. You can definitely tell when I'm angry (Usually after a potty training mishap) and you will say, "You are not happy". You have also told me, "I am sad for my daddy" (You miss him), "I will NOT be happy", "I be so sad".
- The other day, there was a cloud that you said looked like an angel in the sky. "Just like in my Bible". I know you don't fully comprehend God's love for you just yet, but it truly makes my mommy heart happy to know you are hearing, seeing, and applying what we talk and read about and are working so hard to instill in you.
- Napping on our way to your cousins baseball game in Houston.


























2 comments:
Potty training drove me insane! We bought her cute little panties with princesses and Minnie on them and we she pooped on them we let her see us throw them away. She didn't want to let go of her panties so she started going to the bathroom. Ha. She was a couple of months past her third birthday once she was potty trained.
Girl,I just wanted to encourage you with the poop training. I was able to potty train Gentry (teetee) a few months after her second birthday and the first 6 weeks she would poop in the potty but something happened. She quit doing it. I was so stressed. I would get mad at her and then cry because I got mad at her. I know it was all control. Interestingly once we got the tee tee down and she started going to the bathroom without me right there, she started pooping in the potty. At first she wouldn't tell me, I would just see it in the toilet. And if I made a big deal out of it she would get upset. So I didn't. I didn't worry about her not wiping at first. I knew I would bathe her at night and i didn't want to scare the little wild thing back into going in her panties. Eventually we got the whole thing down. Now she calls to me when she needs a wipe (that's the next big task
) but I thought it would NEVER happen. Good luck! Stay calm!
Post a Comment