Pages

3.27.2016

Twins...8 Months...

...
Eight months has flown by. This past month has just been incredible watching you little pretties learn, grow, and develop personalities. My heart just swells with pride that God has given us the two of you to raise. I'm cherishing every day of your sweet smiles, baby rolls, your smell, giggles, baby coos...all of it. Because babies really just don't keep. And it kind of breaks my heart.

  • Wearing 0-3 and 3-6 mo. clothing, size 2 diapers
  • I'm not sure on weight. I thought they would weigh you when you got the 2nd dose of your flu shot- but it was a quick visit. I would guess your right around 14 lbs based on our home scale.
  • You went through a long, spot-on leap this past month. You both ate less, slept less, and were overall just going through a new developmental leap. You both notice when we leave the room now- and it doesn't make you happy. Man, I love those Wonder Weeks, they explain so much!
  • You're both getting stronger in the core and are sitting better (but still need support). 
  • You both love every food you try. We've covered all the "first" foods and there isn't one you won't eat! Totally different from big sister!
  • Your rolls. Oh my. Hurry up summer so we can show them off all the time!
  • Twin Observations: 
    • You could care less about each other right now. You are more interested in each others' toys or grabbing at snaps on one another's clothes or each others' faces. I can't want for you to go back to talking to each other!
    • I think you may be mirror twins...I've noticed your cowlicks swirl in opposite directions, you each have a slightly smaller eye (opposite) and there was one other thing I cannot remember for the life of me. It will be interesting to see if you're righty and leftys one day (a BIG marker for mirror twins).   
    • Sometimes you look EXACTLY alike and I have to look close to tell you apart. Other times you look so completely different.
  • Scarlett: You are our observant one, studying everything, especially toys. You get very focused on what you are doing and can tune everyone else out. You have your first tooth (bottom left) that broke through about a week ago. You HATE it when we put you down to sleep, as soon as you realize we are going to walk away, you scream. It breaks my heart. You still let us know when you've had enough sitting, laying, too much of a toy, can't reach a toy, etc. by screaming. It is so shrill and we will help you in any way to make it stop, ha! You're really not unhappy, but you will get our attention! You've also started growling, which is funny. You particularly love to do this when we are feeding you and are not fast enough! You are getting really good and scooting and turning and have gotten up on all 4s a lot. It looks like you'll be the first to crawl! You are just the absolute sweetest little thing.
  • Hazel: You are still just as laid back as can be. You smile and giggle and play! You love to roll, roll, roll! You can scoot and turn too, but haven't shown any signs of crawling like your sister. I think you are working on your bottom teeth right now, but they still may be a few weeks away. One of my favorite things about you is how you always open your mouth really wide when we play with you. You have the most diverse and most precious facial expressions. They bring so much joy to my heart!
  • I rearranged my pumping schedule and am pumping 5 times a day instead of 6, for 30 minutes instead of 20. I'm getting the same amount of milk, but it's a little more freeing to only do it 5 times versus 6, even though the time is the same. 
  • Your schedule:
    • You stir around 6:30 and usually go back to sleep until 7-7:20. 
    • btw 7-7:20, rise and shine. Meds (still 5 mL of prevacid) and bottle, then solids
    • btw 8:30-9, you go down for your now short morning nap
    • btw 9:45-10, up and ready to eat again
    • btw 11-11:30, nap time again (usually your long nap_
    • btw 12:45-1:30, up and ready to eat again
    • btw 2-3, short afternoon nap
    • btw 3:30-4, up and ready to eat
    • 4-7...this is always different...you eat your bottle, have solids, then bath (every other night), sometimes you take a short catnap (15 min), then you usually have your last bottle btw 6-6:45. You're almost always in bed by 7, occasionally 7:30.
  • You're still taking 5 ounce bottles, but didn't finish all of that during this last leap. I was able to put a lot more away in the freezer. Then, once the leap was over you started chugging again! I'm worried I'll now have to dig into my freezer stash! 



  Scarlett, you LOVE to chew on your clothes, and right here you are trying to get your romper into your mouth.






























 Early morning play with your cousins.
 Daddy's face.

 Just comparing mommy to Hazel...
 ...and then to Scarlett.


 


 Our first big outing. Mommy, 3 little pretties, and Hobby Lobby. 
 Ready for the park.
 Saint Patty's day fun! (You wore green ad that's about all we did.)
 Your arm rolls. Just insert all the heart eyes here.



 This is pretty much how you look at your daddy all the time. If he is anywhere in sight, you are both staring and smiling at him.

 Totally lounging.







 You pretty much just roll off of these any chance you get now.


 photo sig_1.png

1 comments:

The Heart Of A Woman said...

You are so good at keeping up with all of this! It's going to be so special to your girls one day! Those baby girls are beautiful and getting so big! Go you for taking them all to hobby lobby! Super mommy! We don't get out much either and I just have two! Staying home is just much easier! The park is also great!