Pages

3.09.2016

2 Years and Counting...+11 Months...

...
It's hard to believe this is my last post before you turn three. THREE! Where-o-where, o-where has time gone?!

  • Speaking of three, I'm pretty sure those 3s I've been hearing so much about have arrived early.  Over the last month you have gotten some serious attitude and independence. And boy, you can change your attitude, emotion, and decisions within 10 seconds. It's part comical, part cute, and part making me want to pull my hair out. Sometimes your dad and I just look at each other in disbelief. As in, "Did Grey just go from hugging and kissing us, to telling us not to talk?" Maybe since the 3s have started early, they'll end early?! Regardless, I love watching you grow into your own little independent person.
  • I think you're about 26 lbs. Still wearing 2T clothing, size 6 shoes, and size 5 pull-ups and DIAPERS.
  • I put you back in diapers last week. Not only are you still not going poop on the potty, you have regressed and were having tee tee accidents. I say accidents, but it might be attention seeking. Potty training is quite possibly the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced. It is a reminder that you are definitely your own person and can make your own choices, and have your own mind. This is all fine and dandy, but I sure would love for you to go ahead and decide to potty train. We have tried everything we can think of and every thing suggested to us. So, for now, we're taking a break. I'm reminding myself your not yet even 3. Hopefully you'll be potty trained before college. 
  • Books are your lovey. You've never really attached to one specific thing, but I'd say for the past 6 months you almost ALWAYS have a book you carry around with you. You change them out every week or so and don't go anywhere without it (or them...because sometimes one book is not enough). You sleep with them as well. You're definitely your mother's child in regards to your love for books.
  • You started swim lessons again! You were excited until you realized I wasn't joining you. Then you were a little scared and definitely cried. But we made it through. 
  • We have started asking you what or who you want to pray for at night. You almost always say one of your friends: Hallie, Jasper, Griffin... And on nights you want to prolong the going to sleep process, you will name every friend from your class. I also asked you want you wanted to thank God for, to which you replied, "My birthday!"
  • You are so excited for your birthday and birthday party! You've been planning and telling us what you want!
  • School...the teachers finally gave up on making you take a nap. You now go in the hall with them. I'm thankful for this because it was breaking my heart that you weren't getting treasure box because you were talking to your friends and waking them up at nap time. I fully support teachers, but was glad when they realized that you're just not going to nap and they needed to do something a little different with you.
  • You're struggling with loving more than one person at a time. You only want one person and will be quite rude to anyone else around (in regards to adults, not your friends). This has been part of your 3s attitude and we're hoping it quickly passes. 
  • And our current favorite phrases from you:
    • I just want to____
    • I do, I do want to____
    • All together (when you want mommy and daddy to both tuck you in, or you and a friend(s) are doing something)
    •  Lots of um (when asked how much or many you want)
  • Also, I must note that you have the sweeeeeetest southern accent. Oh my, it's precious. And seriously southern. 
  • Your currents favorites: Snoopy/Peanuts, coloring, singing, dancing, your sisters, your friends!
All day, every day.
You're a daddy's girl. 100%. And he'll do ANYTHING for you.
Your favorite thing in the world.


With baby Hayes. Don't mind your outfit!
You're my little multitasking shopper! Cookie and a cart.

You love to go to worship now before your Sunday school class.
Bible reading and "coffee".
The cutest time-out girl I know. Two swimsuits and a twirly skirt.
Park fun.






Random napping in mommy's bed.


 photo sig_1.png

0 comments: