Pages

3.28.2016

Easter 2016 & Weekend Shenanigans...

...We had a busy and then restful Easter weekend. I feel like the older I get, the more and more I appreciate the meaning of Easter and all that Christ did for me, for you, on the cross. I'm thankful for his death on Friday, for our Saturday moments, and for the hope that comes with Resurrection  Sunday.

FriDAY, my 3 little pretties and I met Anne and her boys at the Trampoline Park. It took a while for Grey to warm up, but once she figured out all the fun she could have running and jumping off energy, she was all in! The littlest pretties are so easy to take out right now. They are very content to just chill in their car seats/stroller.

I'm pretty sure she's bossing Silas around right here. Which is pretty much what she always does








Friday night ChaCha came over to watch the girls while Jared and I went out for a date night with our friends, Josh and Kelly. We played Top Golf, which I progressively got worse at as the night went on, and then we ate at Brios. Jared was the only one who had ever played before, so he was coaching us all. We had a blast catching up and all enjoyed a night sans babies (we have 6 kids between us- 2 sets of twins)!
I was not missing this long awaited date night! Meds for the win.
 Kelly and I thought it was hilarious that these drivers were so light. Who knew!? We only used them to pose for a picture, but had we used them, we probably would've been so much better at Top Golf. 
Just kidding, we'd probably still suck at it.

Saturday we woke up and got going! We had an Easter egg hunt/party at our friends' house and then Grey and I went to a birthday party. We had planned on attending Easter service on Saturday night but I wasn't feeling well, and both services were at the littlest pretties' feeding times. So we stayed in and I started a Zpack. I hadn't been feeling good since Thursday night and Advil Cold and Sinus wasn't cutting it.















 2 parties later...
 And the aftermath of all day "piggy knots"

Sunday we woke up to Easter bunny surprises and Jared pretty much manned the house while I rested in bed. We did watch service on-line and I was so bummed that we missed going. Easter service is always one of my favorites and Big Daddy Weave was singing again at our church. After a morning and afternoon nap, I was finally starting to feel better!

 Grey is very into "who brought this!?", so here she is asking. 
She said, "Oh, thank you Bunny Rabbit!"
 Lots of good Easter naps took place since we were home bound for the day.
And that was our Easter Weekend! Hopefully everyone is healthy for next year's!
 photo sig_1.png

1 comments:

The Heart Of A Woman said...

I have so many comments! This post was great! I don't know where to start!! Ha! Top golf sounds so fun! I've never heard of it! The trampoline park looks amazing! Landry would love that! I'm so sorry you were sick for Easter! Big daddy weave was at your church??? That's awesome! Where do you go?