Pages

9.30.2015

Grey Takes on Mothers' Day Out...

...When we found out we were having twins, we knew that I probably would not be going back to work. Grey had spent the first 2 years of her life with her AMAZING sitter, Tutu (Teresa), while I worked. She always had a playmate there- the first year, Steen, who was 2 years older. Then, last year, Owee (Owen), who was 4 months younger. Basically, Grey is used to being around peers (at the sitter, church nursery, weekend and summer play dates, etc.). While she will one day have two built in playmates, I knew she would get bored being home with me allll the time this year- especially when I am "tied down" feeding twins every 3 hours. Even more so considering it's not recommended we take our NICU babies out very often until flu/RSV season is over...in 2016, ugh! Grey and I are not homebodies, we are used to getting out and running errands, going to the park, snow-cones dates, etc. So, even though I had originally planned to not start Grey in any sort of pre-school or MDO until she was at least 3, I reevaluated and decided a 2 day/week MDO would be perfect for my little social butterfly who needs to get out of the house (as much as her now home bound momma).

We started prepping her a couple weeks before MDO started by telling her she would be going to school. We took out her lunchbox and backpack and she got to help her Gigi make her nap mat!
We went to meet the teachers and Grey got to color and explore her new classroom. She was a little hesitant but content with me by her side.
Then the first day came, she was SO excited to "go to school". She loved carrying her backpack and even posed for some great pictures. (Posing is a new found skill, she hasn't liked "cheesing" in the past)
My favorite one!

A little of road exploring before getting in the car...

Once in the car, she was suddenly very unhappy about going to school. I think because daddy wasn't driving. Little does she know, I will get her there safely and with much less road rage!
We're here! Time to go in! Still smiles!
So, once we got there, she was fine with going to the classroom but had a meltdown when she realized I wouldn't be joining her. She cried for mommy and I cried a little too. Thankfully, when I went to pick her up this was what I saw!
The first few times at drop off she cried. And when you ask her if she went to school or what she did, she always replies, "I cry". Even though she doesn't cry anymore. She loves school more and more each day! It's so fun to hear what she thinks about it and her replay of what she did. I always ask her who she played with and will list names of kids in her class. There is one girl that still cries every day and if I mention her name, Grey says, "She cry, she want mommy". I love having a little girl that will tell me everything! :)
Photobucket

0 comments: