...
Little Ladies,
I just want to tell you again how much you are both loved. You're the perfect additions to our family. Your sister could not love you any more, nor could mommy and daddy. We thank God for your health and development every day. We pray He is already beginning to work in your hearts and drawing you near to Him. We LOVE you TOO much!
-Mommy, Daddy, and Grey too!
- You're 2 months!! (2 weeks adjusted) Actual and adjusted ages are a little confusing- developmentally, I don't expect you to do anything at actual age, and yet, I find myself thinking, "Wow, you're two months, you should be...".
- Hazel Lynn (Hazel Pie, HL)- You are 19.5inches (8th %tile), 7 lbs 11ounces (24th %tile), and 39th percentile for head circumfrerence. (All percentiles are based on the preemie chart). Mommy was on antibiotics this month for mastitis and it messed up your bowels pretty bad. You can go 3 days without pooping...which for you is abnormal. Both you and Scarlett poop every feed. You have replaced that pooping with TERRIBLE smelling farts. Not very lady like, but we'll talk about that later.
- Scarlett (Sharlett, Scaaalett (Southern Accent), Little Lett)-You are 20 inches long (22nd %tile), 7 lbs 8 ounces (22nd %tile), and your head circumference is the 79th percentile.
- You both got shots at your 2 month appt.
- You both got a little virus last month-you ran low grade fevers and had terrible diarrhea. It was pretty scary, Hazel had only been home from the NICU for a week and I was worried you'd be heading to the ER.
- We figured you have a dairy allergy, so mommy cut out milk. Then we discovered your Neosure supplement has a ton of dairy/lactose in it, so we stopped using it. The difference was almost immediate and you both finish bottles much faster and in a much less fussy manner- praise the Lord. The great thing about 2nd time mommy-hood is that I kind of know what to watch for.
- Eating- You are now eating between 90-120 mL (3-4 oz) per feed. You eat 7x/day, at or around 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 10pm and then once in the night, ranging from 2-5am. I really like the 5 am. You started off the month nursing 1-3 times/day each at different feeds and then topping off with a bottle. Mommy met with lactation to see how much you were transferring on the breast and it was about half your feed. I then spent the week that your sister went to stay with Gigi tandem nursing you both 3 times a day. Since we weren't making much progress in taking more volume at the breast, we have decided to just nurse in the morning and then pump/bottle feed the rest of the day. This is a less time consuming option that works best for our family right now. When, IF, you start taking a whole feed at the breast, then we will add more nursing sessions to our day. Right now, I'm just thankful you are growing and I can give you breastmilk. You are both on Nexium for reflux and it has made a world of difference. Feeds can still get uncomfortable for you occasionally, so I can't imagine if you weren't on anything!
- Sleeping - We got the go ahead to let you sleep longer at night at 6 weeks (39 adjusted). I felt like Dr. Drake gave me a gift! You pretty much sleep most of the day and night. We go 3 hours between feeds during the day and at night you will give us longer stretches - 4 to 6 hrs. btw. feeds. Nothing consistent yet. Mommy still hasn't gotten more then 3.5 hrs of sleep at a time, and it's definitely starting to show! My sincere prayer is that we make steps towards sleeping all night this month- mostly for my physical and emotional sanity. It may be selfish, but God did not create me for sleep deprivation- it's just not my thing.
- We are doing Babywise- Eat, Play, Sleep. But it's mostly just Eat and Sleep right now. We try to get some tummy time in each day. Adjusted age, you both act just as sleepy as your older sister- who I was convinced had something wrong with her because she slept so much, ha! I will take sleepy babies any day!
- Telling you apart- Oh my, you truly are identical. We have a string around HL's ankle right now as an insurance policy, but mommy and daddy have you figured out. Some helpful tips for strangers: you both have little red birthmarks between your eyes, but HL's vees out and Scarlett's is more narrow. Scarlett, you have a pretty bad bellybutton hernia.
- Newborn diapers, Some preemie, but mostly newborn clothes
- Pathology Report- We did get the pathology report back from the placenta, confirming what we already knew- you are mono-di twins. Baby B (HL) had marginal cord insertion, which is probably why you had a longer NICU stay, as the steroid shots didn't get to hit you as hard as Scarlett.
- Dressing you- I didn't think I would make you two match, but more the "coordinate" route. However, I find myself doing both. And if I can make big sister match and coordinate, even better.
- It's hard to tell a whole lot about your personalities right now since you mostly eat and sleep. But HL, you are definitely our more sensitive baby- especially in regards to tummy and reflux troubles. Both of you would prefer to be held all day. You're little snuggles bugs and just the sweetest little things.
- Your preemie heads and bodies are really starting to fill and round out! Such sweetness! The more weight you gain, the more you start to look like your big sister at this age! It's fun to see the similarities and differences!
Some Photoshoot Shots:
Scarlett
Hazel
Starting to lose it!
Last one and done!
Joint Dr. visit
Late night twin snuggles.
Newborn preview!
We got out of the house with you to somewhere other than the doctor! You met your BFF, Elise. The 3 of you are so loved and have been prayed for and over for so long. We can't wait to watch you grow!















































2 comments:
They are soooooo sweet! Precious!
I am loving getting caught up with these sweet girls!!! What little angels. :)
Post a Comment