...The little girls' nursery is pretty much done! There are still some things (shelves, organizers for toys, etc.) that I want to add as time goes on, but all the big things are in place! The nursery has actually been done since June. You see, we kept quite the secret. We found out the sex of our twins at 12 weeks during our first trimester screening. We went to the mfm the week before our Spain trip and the sonographer told us she was sure they were girls. As soon as we got home from Spain, we got the call that our blood work did in fact confirm that we had two more little girls on the way! I knew God would give us exactly what we need- bless my husband's heart! I'm so thankful that he is THE PERFECT girl daddy. And I'm so glad my girls have sisters- what a special bond. Bonds and relationships I pray over daily.
Yes, it was hard not to slip for the remainder of our pregnancy. In fact there were a small handful of people that ended up finding out for one reason or another (help with moving furniture, my husband slipping...). It was such a fun surprise to keep. And it was so fun to know the gender ahead of time this go round. I loved making the nursery "girly"! I still think not finding out with Grey was the best, but with twins and a toddler, I knew I wanted things done ahead of time and I knew I didn't want things to be gender neutral again.
Anyhoo- here is the twins' nursery!

The sign is from House of Belonging. I love this Etsy shop and as soon as I saw this quote, I knew it had to be in the nursery- boys or girls! This was exactly how we felt when TWINS popped up on the ultrasound screen!
The cribs are Munire and we ordered them off Amazon. I knew I wanted the cribs to "stick out" from the wall and not sit against them. These were my favorite in our price range! I went back and forth between these and Jenny Lind cribs- but knew I wanted something that would transition into toddler beds.
I made the little name tags with my Silhouette for the hospital, and they worked out perfect to hang from the ends of their cribs.
This was my dresser! My mom bought it for me when I was 16. It was originally white and I had her refinish and stain it to back to it's oakey color, ha! I had a lady here locally refinish it again- back to white! She picked it up on Saturday and dropped it back off on Sunday, finished and perfect! She has the CUTEST studio in our downtown square and I know I will use her again. I found the hardware at Hobby Lobby. The changing pad is currently downstairs in our room, but this will serve as the changing table when the girls get moved to their room!
Hobby Lobby love.
Part of their newborn attire. :)
Made by me, inspired by someone on Pinterest. :)
I had the hardest time finding a glider. So I ended up buying a new one for Grey's room and moved hers to the twins' room. This little corner is my favorite.
These mirrors are Restoration Hardware and were the first thing I bought. I LOVE them. Coincidentally, the first thing I bought for Grey's nursery was also from RH.
I found this little table on-line at Target and just changed out the knob.

I was going for girly and a little shabby chic with peach and white as my primary colors- and mint green (because I have an obsession) as the accent color. And that's that!
3 comments:
What a BEAUTIFUL room - and what a secret you kept! You are good, mama! They are so lucky, sisters are the best! XO
STUNNING!!!! I LOVE IT!!!
Love the nursery! It's perfect! I think my first purchases for both nurseries were from Restoration Hardware as well:) Best place ever!
Post a Comment