...Grey, Grey- here are your monthly highlights and pictures!
- Size 12-18 month and 2T clothes, size 4 diapers, size 5 shoes-ready for size 6!
- You're still waking between 7-8 and going to bed between 7-8. With one nap during the day (around 1 or 2). You don't nap very long on school days (you nap at school) and those are early nights!
- We've established a new routine for nighttime. You used to do bath then bed. With your sisters and their eating schedule, we now do bath, "quiet time", then bed. Quiet time consists of watching a "gagoo" (cartoon) while we feed the babies. We've managed to eliminate the bad habit of watching gagoos all day to just this one time at night. Gagoos were a must while I was pregnant and exhausted and then that first month with the babies home. I'm glad to no spend our days gagoo free, but still letting you have tv time as a special treat at the end of the day.
- Speaking of new bedtime routine, we now go outside to say goodnight to the moon every night. This started the night of the bloodmoon/lunar eclipse that we took you out to see.
- You still show little to no interest in potty training. Sigh.
- I mentioned last month about your little imagination just soaring. Well, it continues! It's amazing the connections you make and the imaginary things you do (hold a baby while shopping). One of my favorites this month is when you ate sharks out of your oatmeal (cranberries).
- You got your first flu shot this month. You also ate a mint from Chacha while at this dr. appt. and legitimately choked. It ended with you vomiting EVERYWHERE- all over me and you. It was one of my scariest mommy moments to date and I hate reliving it in my mind. Thank goodness you are okay, and what better place to have a medical emergency than the dr. office!
- Your vocabulary multiplies daily and I think it's just the most amazing thing. You repeat EVERYTHING and will randomly say a word I had no idea you even knew!
- You sing ALL.THE.TIME. You truly love to sing, it's so sweet. My favorite is hearing you sing praise and worship while we're riding in my car together.
- One of daddy and I's favorite thing is when you request something and then act like we asked you to do it. For example: You- "Grey go outside." Us- "You want to go outside." You- "Yea, okay." You do this with everything.
- You continue to amaze me in your role of big sister. We still have not had even one moment of jealousy. You just love your sisters. You sing to them, hug and kiss them, dance for them, and try to be a part of their day (bathtime, naptime, diaper changes, etc.)
- We were warned when the twins came that you would become a daddy's girl. This has definitely been the case. It makes me a little sad but I know it's what you need right now. I think you are especially drawn to your daddy for bedtime because you can convince him for another story and then to lay down with you by your crib. T.R.O.U.B.L.E.
- You spent a week with Gigi in Arkansas and had THE BEST time exploring and playing outside. You brought us home 3 bags of pine cones!
- You got to see a firetruck at school and LOVED it! You kept telling us, "no go in" though. Apparently you could only look at the truck and that made you sad.
We baked a depression cake (no eggs or milk and you mix it in the pan- WIN!)

Just some of our daily photo shoots...
Showing off your new kicks!
We finally got out for a walk/run!
Your first boat ride with Gigi and Papa Bob!
Cheesing with Gigi
Holding your very own twins from Aunt Dell.
And here you are throwing a complete fit in the parking lot of Home Goods. This was the first time I had to carry you out of a store screaming. You wouldn't stop yelling while we were in there and I asked you several times to stop. So we finally left (without the pink twirly dress you wanted). Oh my. It took you about 10 minutes before you would calm down and get in your car seat so we could go home. Toddler troubles.
Breakfast on the patio (and lunch and dinner too) is our favorite. A picnic table is on your Christmas list!
Mommy's first time to pick you up from school with the twins. We celebrated with Starbucks!
Playing before school.
Books and a box=perfect combo.
I call this your Halloween Hobo outfit.
You love to draw rainbows and sharks.
And then sometimes she takes you to Chuck E Cheeses too.




























2 comments:
I just love reading your blog! I'm not sure how you do it with twins and a 2.5 year, but I'm impressed you keep your blog updated:) I find myself blogging once a month, or maybe even a little longer than that. You're doing awesome momma!!! And, Harper and Grey are wearing the exact same size in clothing and shoes.
She is such a sweet and cute big sister!!!
Post a Comment