...Here are this month's highlights and pictures!
- You are 3 Months old! (6 weeks adjusted). I'm not sure on weight since we have a month off from the doctor, but I would guess close to 9 lbs? You are both still wearing newborn clothes and a few of these need to be retired. You're not quite ready for 0-3 month, but definitely getting there. You both are chunking up so nicely and already have more rolls than your big sister ever had! I moved you to size 1 diapers about halfway through the month.
- You both rolled over on October 8th (stomach to back)! Of course, being identical twins, you had to do it on the same day! Scarlett you were on the Boppy Lounger and have rolled over twice since then, Hazel you were on the ground and have just done it that once. Mommy hasn't been very consistent with tummy time, but that is my goal for the next month, so hopefully we'll see more of your flipping! Developmentally you are right on track with your adjusted age, as you should be.
- You are both cooing and smiling. Something that is also different from big sister. We had to WORK to get a smile from that girl, but you two will smile and coo and us ALL DAY, EVERY DAY! Those smiles make it all worth it.
- You both lost most of your hair and have a "Friar Tuck" cut. It's not super attractive, but nothing a bow can't fix. :) You already have lots of new hair growing in- it appears to be light brown.
- You both have found your hands and will clasp them and try to get them to your mouth. Scarlett, you are especially good at this.
- You are both recognizing each other. Hazel, you in particular will see Scarlett and give THE biggest smile. Melt my heart. You have no idea that you are basically looking at yourself!
- Telling you apart. We've got this down! You are looking even more alike as you fill out, but we know who is who, and most people close to you know too!
- Aunt Allie has been here a lot helping with you two. She is a master at tandem feeding you and you love the extra snuggles you get when she is around.
- Scarlett- you like to poop about once a day and over the last week you have decided the best time to do your business is in the car seat where you can explode all over it and your clothes. Again, your big sister never once did this, so I'm learning very quickly how to clean a car seat! Your belly button hernia seems to be shrinking.
- Hazel- I call you Happy Hazel. You always look like your smiling, even when you're not. You are so happy and smile ALL.THE.TIME. I'm pretty sure you'll end up being my momma's girl. From the time you were in the hospital and desating all the time, when mommy would hold you, your oxygen levels would go right up. You love for me to hold you and talk to you still!
- Schedule...We've done some serious sleep training this month and I am happy to report you are sleeping through the night. Over a span of 2 weeks you slowly started going from 4am to 5am to 6 am, and for the last couple of days you have slept until 7am. 7am has been my goal for your "start time" and hopefully this is your new normal. So, with that being said, you wake start stirring around 5:30/6, but will go back to sleep when I turn on the shusher.
- 7am- feed, then you pretty much immediately go back to sleep.
- 10am, 1pm, 4pm- feed, "play" (which includes singing, entartainment by big sister, tummy time, or just hanging out), then back to sleep
- Your wake times right now range from 45-1hr. Occasionlly longer. You're great nappers for the most part and rarely fuss or wake up before your next feed, until...
- 4pm...Man, you went through your first leap 2 weeks ago and started cluster feeding ALL evening. The evenings are so unpredictable but you basically will take down 2 1/2-4 bottles from 7-10ish...sometimes starting earlier. This is exhausting, because we are now going on two weeks of doing this EVERY night. There is no break- you fuss and eat, but it's slow, not gulping down bottles. And you're sleepy. One of you usually spits up, and usually all over me. We aren't dream feeding anymore because you just keep eating. Apparently you're tanking up so you can sleep all night. I'm not sure if your doing this from habit now, or you really need to eat all that in the evenings. I upped your bottles during the day yesterday to see if it would help and it didn't, but you took all of them. My plan is to try a paci tonight and see if we can get you to just have two solid feeds in the evening.
- Eating: You took 3-4 oz during your feeds this month and have ended the month with consistently taking all 4ounces. Then at night, goodness, you take bottle after bottle. I'd say you're getting between 24-30 ounces a day. Mommy is now exclusively pumping and my supply has been able to keep up and sometimes I am even able to stash away two extra bags of milk a day. Eventually when you drop your late night feed, I will continue to pump at that time and store away more. We have a great stash of frozen milk so far- maybe 400 bags?
- The verdict is still out on who you look like. But you're both beautiful! :)
- I will say, I was worried about having twins with all the scary stories that are out there. And while there are things that are difficult, like listening to one of you cry and not being able to hold you both as much as I'd (and you'd) like, and feeding times...you make being a twin mom so easy and SO SPECIAL. You are both really happy, laid back babies. As long as your fed and don't have tummy aches (when mommy eats dairy) you are really happy and content. I'm so blessed by you both.
Here are your 3 month pictures and pictures from the month.
Hazel, you're on the right- notice how you look so happy in the pictures, like you're always on the verge of a smile!?
Scarlett and Daddy
Mommy snuggles- two at a time!
Your first time to go pick up big sister from MDO!
Oh the snuggles.
Scarlett and Grey
Post feed tummy time...sleepy style.
These are your feeding positions! Scarlett on left, Hazel on right.
Hazel Pie during bathtime. Scarlett, you were too naked in your pics to post.
Mommy's attempts to get a picture of Halloween jammies...
...just not having it!
The "friar tuck"
Daily photoshoot time...
Sweet Scarlett
More snuggles and naked baby time!
and more daily photo-ops...
Hazel, you rode in the carrier with mommy.
You surprisingly didn't mind being laid down!
Sweet, sweet sisters.
Scarlett
Hazel
Grey decorated you, Hazel, while mommy was changing Scarlett's diaper.
My favorite sleeping position!
























































1 comments:
At first I was thinking they look nothing like Grey, but now I'm starting to see it in some of these pics. Also, Laine has the same kind of birth mark in between her eyebrows!
Post a Comment