Pages

2.25.2014

Our "Park-tacular" Saturday...

...This last Saturday was one of my favorite Saturdays ever! It was an absolutely gorgeous day here and a wonderful glimpse of the Spring to come! I had brunch at my favorite spot with the girls from my Life Group, then when I returned home, Jared and I decided to take Grey to Klyde Warren Park. This is a new park in Dallas that was built on top of a major highway. There are lots of cool things to do there- badmitnton, a little putting green, a restaurant & food trucks, a dog park, children's area, a place to check out board games and reading material- so neat! And of course, the people watching! I could've sat there all day! After the park we had Mexican for dinner, went home and put Grey to bed, and then watched a movie on the couch. I'm pretty sure we were in bed and asleep by 10. That's a perfect day in my opinion.

And of course, we took come pictures of Grey's first "big" park experience...

Too cool for school. She left these on for about 30 seconds before she realized she could eat them.
 Family Selfie #1.
#2.
Crossin' her little leggies like a lady.
 Strolling with Daddy.
 Grey was not impressed with the grass. She will normally walk around while holding our hands, but she wouldn't budge an inch.
 "I'm really not sure about this place, Mom."
 She was much happier being held by daddy and watching the dogs play.
 We tried putting her down once more...not happy.
 Safe with daddy again.
 We also checked out the courtyard at the Dallas Art Museum across the street.
Our guacamole lover!
We can't wait to go back to Klyde Warren and we really can't wait for more spring weather! : )
Photobucket

3 comments:

The Heart Of A Woman said...

This does look like a perfect day!!!! I love all the pictures!!!

stephemcdonald said...

So fun, we've been talking about going for months! Hopefully we make it in a few weeks!

Unknown said...

Such sweet pictures!!