Pages

2.14.2014

Ten Months...

...
Dear Sweet Pea,

We're now in the double digits, inching closer to that big milestone of one year! Every day you turn into less of a baby and more of a little toddler. Oh, how we treasure each moment with you. There are some times where I think of how fun it will be when you start walking, talking, etc. BUT, mostly, I just wish time would slow down. Each day is so special and I just want to soak up who you are and what you're doing right now, because you're changing so fast. When mommy and daddy were waiting to start a family, God really worked in our hearts (in many ways) and one thing he really taught us was to be thankful for the season of life He has placed us in. We are SO incredibly thankful for this season of life. This season of learning to be parents to a little baby girl who has stolen our hearts.

You are doing new things every day and becoming more and more confident in your "skills". You're babbling constantly, fake laughing and mimicking us, and on the go. There is no more sitting still or being held, you like to explore and move! You love watching other kids and playing with your friends in the nursery at church. You're finally able to make it through the 3 hours we're at church too, yay!! You've really started to enjoy eating solids more and can seriously scarf down some baby purees! This should help you in gaining some weight. You're also trying more table foods and working on your chewing. We're starting to wean you a little and you're taking milk from a sippy once a day.

There have been no major changes to your schedule this month. You still take one nap with the sitter and two naps when you're home with us. You DO NOT like having a dirty diaper and you usually poop when you nap, which wakes you up, and you refuse to sleep until you're changed. But when we change you, you're ready to play, not go back to sleep. We need to work on pooping before your naps. BUT, I do think it's a good sign for your future potty training days! You still wake between 6:30-7 and go down around 6. You get milk/nurse 5 times a day, every 3 hours or so (still taking 5-6 ounces, sometimes less if you're eating solids at the same time).

Grey girl, we love you more than words. Really. Truly. We are praying each and every day that God will guide us in our parenting. And that he would draw your little heart to Him.

xoxo-
Mommy and Daddy

 Stickers don't stay on any more...they're much more interesting to investigate!
 You had no interest in sitting still for a picture, let alone smiling. Here's the best we got though!
 I gave you my lens cap in hopes that you would at least stop trying to crawl away!
I gave up on getting a good smile and let you just play! 
Oh, how your eyes melt me!
 I caught you mid-blink, but you look like you're giving me quite the glare!
 
Photobucket

1 comments:

Ashley said...

I have always loved Grey's eyes too! I thought it was funny that she took her 10 month sticker off....more of her personality is showing.