Pages

7.09.2012

Debbie Downer...

...So, 2012 is really not my year. I mean when you plan a vacation to the beach with your family and you have to stay inside 4 of the 5 days you are there due to tropical storm Debbie, it's just one more thing that's not going right!

Regardless of the continuous downpour- family vacay was filled with lots of fun. We passed the hours inside by eating, working out (I ran my longest distance of 5 miles one day), drinking (mostly flavored vodka), doing puzzles, and just being our crazy family. I was very thankful for one day of sunshine before I left. Hopefully next year, we will have a whole week of sunshine and I'll actually get a tan!

Here's what the first 4 days looked like.


I didn't take many pictures with my camera, so I tried to put all my iPhone pictures together...in no particular order...
Drinking S'mores vodka (a new discovery and the absolute best!), our grocery bill for the first round of food, "beautiful Debbie", & my sister and new favorite cousin, Drake. : )
 Family thin mint shots, my sisters and 2 of the best cousins in the world, bell pepper sandwiches (yum and Paleo friendly), & what was left of the beach (a foot deep wading pool).
 Last dinner of vacay- watermelon martini and lobster bisque (not Paleo friendly).
 You can't really tell, but I was trying to avoid soaking my running shoes in the foot of water on the sidewalk.
Here is one real camera picture from our night in Tampa. 
Photobucket

2 comments:

henning love said...

oh man 4 out of the 5 days were indoors definitely not my idea of a vacation at all! but i hope you made the best of it

Kristin said...

I was there the weekend Debby rolled in! She was definitely a downer, but thankfully I wasn't there for the beach or that would have doubly sucked! Glad you still had fun. :)