Pages

7.10.2012

Baseball in Chi-town...

...I was home from Florida for one day (which was filled with meetings from 8-4) before heading on my next summer trip to Chicago. My sister called me back in March and asked if I wanted to come to Chicago in July and go the Rangers game. I asked Jared and it ended up turning into a 30th birthday trip for him. He not only wanted to go to the one Rangers game, but all 3, and the Cubs game. So, we headed out Saturday morning and after missing our flight (no fault of mine- the hubs decided to start packing at the time exact time we were supposed to leave), we eventually made it to Chi-town and enjoyed a great 5 days in the city.

Some pictures to share...
 Cubs Game- being dorks after the win.
 Heading to Dinner
 At Harry Carey's. We ate here on our Honeymoon and it's one of our Chi-town favorites.
 I went non-Paleo a lot in Chi-town...how can you NOT eat deep dish pizza!? At Gino's East.
 With the sis.
 Cliche "Bean" pictures at Millennium Park.
 
More fun with art.



And some iPhone pictures...
 Wrigley. So. Much. Fun. And, the Cubs won.
 
Rangers game 1: Losing.
Rangers game 2: Also losing. We didn't win a single game there. Just. Our. Luck.
Our hotel had this amazing vanilla orange water. Yum! I drank lots of coffee on this vacation (not-Paleo, but well worth it). Storms followed me here too!
The one thing I had to do while in Chicago was try Glazed and Infused donuts (SO NOT PALEO). I read about them on Daily Candy & was dying to try them! We picked up the Maple Bacon Long John, Chocolate Ganache, S'mores, Creme Brulee, and PBJ. Now, I am not really a donut person, and I am so thankful there are no gourmet donut shops in Dallas or I would be addicted. These were amazing. We plopped down at the John Hancock courtyard with a Jamba Juice and indulged. SOOOOO good.
Now, it's back to reality. Back to Paleo (and boy am I craving my fresh/clean Paleo diet...minus the coffee, I miss my coffee still). Back to getting my summer to-do's checked off.
Photobucket

3 comments:

jes @ twosmuppies said...

i have always wanted to go to chicago! looks beautiful and looks like you all had a great time!

Kristin said...

Wow! What a fun sounding trip! You had me at vanilla orange water. Yummolish :-). So nice to "meet" you! Have a wonderful afternoon.

henning love said...

is it wrong that i want to head to chicago right now just to try those donuts?? they sounds amazing!!