...Last weekend was such a blast!
...On Friday at 3:00pm I finally graduated with my masters degree in counseling. It is so nice to be done with school for a while. Over the next few weeks I will be finishing up paperwork to get my NCC (National Certified Counselor). I took the certification test in April and I'm so glad I did, because now I just need to send in some forms and my transcript. After I have that completed, I will then apply for my LPC-I (Licensed Professional Counselor Intern). You are an LPC-I until you have obtained 3,000 hours of client/counseling work, and you only have 5 years to do it. I also have my school counseling certification, and that one is finalized, thankfully. Unfortunately there are no school counseling jobs available right now...So, I will be teaching another year! In about 6-8 weeks when I am an LPC-I I hope to look for an agency or private practice that I can work at one or two nights a week so that I can start seeing clients and working on my hours. I apologize if that was all incredibly boring, but I felt like sharing it. : )
...After graduation, we went and had sushi. We celebrated being done with my masters and also me and my mom's birthday! Yep, we share a birthday...what a great gift I was to her 29 years ago. Ha! (PS- I think I shall stay 29 for the rest of my life.)
...Continuing on...Saturday afternoon we did some chores around the house, then I met some girls from my church group for an early drink. Saturday night we met up with our friends, Josh and Kelly for dinner and then saw The Help. We love Josh and Kelly! We always have way too much fun with them!
...Sunday was filled with lots of relaxing after church.
...And that was my weekend. It was wonderful. Then Monday came. Summer is over. It's back to work. Sigh...












1 comments:
Woo hoo!! Congrats lady!!! What a great accomplishment!!
Happy birthday!!!! Sounds like you had a great b-day! God bless you, beautiful lady!
Post a Comment